Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Am Ut I Am Hoping For Help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Asmo

Asmo

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 07 March 2007 - 03:33 PM

Something has crawled into my system and I seem to be unable to get rid of it. I can't find any info on it. When I boot up my computer this pops up:

Posted Image

can anyone advise me on this?
"Got tight on Absinthe last night, did knife tricks."
-Earnest Hemmingway (1899 1961)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 07 March 2007 - 05:23 PM

Haven't seen that before. Have you added any programs lately? Done any scans for malware? Checked your Add/Remove program list for anything suspicious? Meantime, maybe someone else will recognize this.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 07 March 2007 - 05:39 PM

With your computer not connected to the internet, just wait a few, and see what it tries to do.

Also, if you can open your Task Manager, do that, and maybe it'll give you a clue as to what it is. If possible, screen shot your processes and post it.

Worse comes to worst, try and run as many scanner programs you have. You may get an answer as to the culprit.

#4 Asmo

Asmo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:03 PM

It does go away after about 3 minutes if I keep the modem off during boot. If I click on it in the task bar it will try to connect again. If I left click it come up with an action box that has "show info" and "exit". Show info does nothing and exit seems to close it but it comes back when I re-boot. It also seems to lock up Norton about 1/2 through a scan. My windows washer locks up as well. I cannot find a name for it and smit fraud fix doesn't help. Also a Norton pop-up stay on my windows page and will not go away.

Posted Image

I am at a complete loss here.
"Got tight on Absinthe last night, did knife tricks."
-Earnest Hemmingway (1899 1961)

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:49 PM

Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

While still in safe mode, Run your Norton Antivirus, also.
allow it to remove whatever it finds.

Please let us know the results.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:35 PM

Have you checked whatever logs are available for your firewall to determine what application is trying to connect?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users