Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vonage And Skype

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jen76

Jen76

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 07 March 2007 - 04:10 AM

ok i currently am using vonage and opted to get their v-phone which is a usb drive with software on it u use to call ppl anyways i am now wanting to get an actual internet phone and my problem is that one, vonage wont let me get one unless i add a new line for the same damned price i am paying for the one i already have which seriously angers me but w/e so second i live in germany and at the electronics store where i live they a skype phone so my question is does anyone know if i can just use that or are their products made specifically for their programs and hardware? is that even possible for them to be able to do, like make it to where their phone would only work with their stuff? cuz if not, i am gonna buy that phone and use it. on the other hand i may just buy it, see if it works, if it dont i will return it. anyways hope i can get some help here. thanx. Jen

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:23 PM

They are differernt and have some proprietary properties to them and are not interchangeable.
Take a look at this link for a comparison of the two services. Calling with Skype and Vonage

Be (VoIP) Safe
Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users