Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Search Redirected

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 tg1

tg1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 07 March 2007 - 12:50 AM

Hello, one more story of Google search being redirected. Basically, when I run a Google search and try to link to the pages displayed I get redirected to another site. I am able to click on the link several times and it will finally take me to the correct link. I have not tried using other search engines.

I am running XP and IE7 (i believe both with service pack 2). Here is the HJT log. Your help is really appreciated!!!

»»»»»Prerun check
HKLM\SOFTWARE\~\Winlogon\ "System"="kdtzw.exe"

»»»»» System restarted

»»»»» Postrun check
HKLM\SOFTWARE\~\Winlogon\ "system"=""
»»»»» Misc files.
»»»»» Checking for older varients.

Search five digit cs, dm, kd, jb, other, files.
The following files NEED TO BE SUBMITTED to one of the following URL'S for further inspection.

Click browse, find the file then click submit.
http://www.virustotal.com/flash/index_en.html
Or http://virusscan.jotti.org/

»»»»» Other
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\kdtzw.ren 63483 08/04/2004

»»»»» Current runs
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"igfxtray"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\igfxtray.exe"
"igfxhkcmd"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\hkcmd.exe"
"igfxpers"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\igfxpers.exe"
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jre1.5.0_11\\bin\\jusched.exe\""
"SynTPEnh"="C:\\Program Files\\Synaptics\\SynTP\\SynTPEnh.exe"
"IntelZeroConfig"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\Wireless\\bin\\ZCfgSvc.exe\""
"IntelWireless"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\Wireless\\Bin\\ifrmewrk.exe\" /tf Intel PROSet/Wireless"
"SigmatelSysTrayApp"="stsystra.exe"
"QuickTime Task"="\"C:\\Program Files\\QuickTime\\qttask.exe\" -atboottime"
"ISUSPM Startup"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\COMMON~1\\INSTAL~1\\UPDATE~1\\ISUSPM.exe -startup"
"ISUSScheduler"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\InstallShield\\UpdateService\\issch.exe\" -start"
"DMXLauncher"="C:\\Program Files\\Dell\\Media Experience\\DMXLauncher.exe"
"MSKDetectorExe"="C:\\Program Files\\McAfee\\SpamKiller\\MSKDetct.exe /uninstall"
"Dell QuickSet"="C:\\Program Files\\Dell\\QuickSet\\Quickset.exe"
"XoftSpySE"="C:\\Program Files\\XoftSpySE\\xoftspy.exe -s"
"dla"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\dla\\tfswctrl.exe"
"SSBkgdUpdate"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Scansoft Shared\\SSBkgdUpdate\\SSBkgdupdate.exe\" -Embedding -boot"
"PDF3 Registry Controller"="\"C:\\Program Files\\ScanSoft\\PDF Professional 3.0\\\\RegistryController.exe\""
"eFax 4.2"="\"C:\\Program Files\\eFax Messenger 4.2\\J2GDllCmd.exe\" /R"
"OrderReminder"="C:\\Program Files\\Hewlett-Packard\\OrderReminder\\OrderReminder.exe"
"Windows Defender"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Windows Defender\\MSASCui.exe\" -hide"
"RealTray"="C:\\Program Files\\Real\\RealPlayer\\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER"
"DVDLauncher"="\"C:\\Program Files\\CyberLink\\PowerDVD\\DVDLauncher.exe\""
"ccApp"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Symantec Shared\\ccApp.exe\""
"osCheck"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Norton AntiVirus\\osCheck.exe\""
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"MsnMsgr"="\"C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\MsnMsgr.Exe\" /background"
"ctfmon.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\ctfmon.exe"
"swg"="C:\\Program Files\\Google\\GoogleToolbarNotifier\\1.2.1128.5462\\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"

Hosts file was reset, If you use a custom hosts file please replace it
»»»»» End report »»»»»

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 07 March 2007 - 05:16 AM

Hi,

Delete next file if still present:
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\kdtzw.ren

Redirections should be gone normally, but there may be some leftovers present, that's why I want you to do next:

Download a copy of HJTsetup.exe from here and save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click HJTsetup.exe to begin installation.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
  • Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
  • Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
  • Continue to follow the prompts from there.
  • When HJT opens, click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button.
  • When HJT has finished scanning, a window entitled "hijackthis.log" will open - when you close this window the log will be saved into the hijackthis folder.
  • Copy and paste this into your next reply.

AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:38 PM

Since there is no feedback anymore, I assume this issue is resolved ... so, this Topic is closed.
If you need this topic reopened for continuations of existing problems, please request this by sending me a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users