Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Windows Xp Pro Computer Will Not Start Up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 scotty38

scotty38

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:05 PM

My computer just shut down on me for no reason that i can think of, When i restart the computer the hard drive light is permanently on no beeps and nothing comes up on the screen.

I have made no changes to the computer recently

Windows Xp Pro SP2
ASUS M2NPV-MX
SATA HD

If anyone can help it would be most appreceated

Scotty

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Redback

Redback

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 06 March 2007 - 07:25 PM

Try booting from a bootable CD. You may have to get into setup to change the boot sequence to CD. Whilst you arevthere check to see if it recognises your hard drive.

#3 scotty38

scotty38
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 06 March 2007 - 07:38 PM

Problem solved i tried another hard drive then ram nothing decided to change the power supply back to the original one from when i purchased the computer as i was going to send the computer back as it is under waranty and what do you know its working now so it looks like the power supply is dead, I have never had one do this before usualy when the power supply fails the computer will not start.

I will test the power supply the next time before i try anything else i think.

Thanks for the reply

Scotty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users