Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Card

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Alrescha

Alrescha

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:00 PM

Hi

I recently installed an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 on my PC and since then my video card (SiS 650) says it has not got enough resources to work (Code 12) at anything above 800 X 600 Pixels.

The problem was immediate after physically installing the new hardware (Soundcard), as soon as I started my PC up and before the drivers for the sound card had been installed.

I have been trough all the help topics I can find and nothing seems to match my problem.

I have tried / things to note.

When looking at properties via Device Manager it says that there is no conflicting devices under the resources tab for the soud card.

Under the resources tab for the Video Card it does not give any Resource Settings or show any conflicting devices it saimply says it has not got enough resources.

I have tried disabling the new sound card and re-starting and but it still says there is not enough resources available.

My previous sound card (which was an onboard sound card) has been disabled.

Location of video card - PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0
Location of sound card - PCI Slot 2 (PCI bus 0, device 11, function 0)

I have tried adjusting my PCs performance setting to "Adjust for best performance" but this makes no difference.

This problem has never occured befor.

Any help gratley appreciated.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:38 AM

Hi Alrescha.
Move the sound card to a different PCI slot if available.
I take it you're using Win 9x?
Does you're system support AGP graphics?

#3 Alrescha

Alrescha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:06 PM

Hi Hitsquad

Thanks for your reply.

I have uninstalled the graphics card, moved it to my other PCI slot and re-installed it, the problem is exactly the same.

I am running Windows XP Home Edition, Version 2002 SP 2

The manafacutures website says my card is AGP V2.0 Compliant

Is an easy solution a new graphics card? I would not mind paying a reasonabally small amount for a new card if thats going to solve the problem. If so how can I be sure it will work with my motherboard?

Thanks

Edited by Alrescha, 08 March 2007 - 01:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users