Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motherboard Identification

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MikRose

MikRose

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 06 March 2007 - 01:41 AM

My sister has a Gateway 6023 FP laptop but lives in another state. She has confirmation the motherboard is bad from a techie in her area. How can I find out the motherboard model in order to locate one on eBay or elsewhere? I can't find it on Gateway support or other laptop parts sites. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:30 AM

If the computer still runs, and able to access the Internet try the program below.

EVEREST Home Edition
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System...e-Edition.shtml
EVEREST Home Edition is a free system diagnostics, system information and benchmarking solution for home PC users, based on the award-winning EVEREST Technology. If you don't know what type of video card you have, or anything else about your computer, then you'll need this.

Other than that, searching at more sites may bring some positive results, or ask the tech guy to tell her the information of the motherboard.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,689 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:47 AM

I have Everest Home edition which will not show what my motherboard is, but System Information for Window does.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:03 AM

Are you sure that Gateway 6023 FP is the laptop model? I couldn't find any reerences to it anywhere!

#5 MikRose

MikRose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:01 PM

Sorry, it is a:

Gateway 6023GP 1.4ghz Laptop 512mb 40gb CDRW/DVD WiFi

Feature Description
Processor Intel Celeron M Processor 360
(1 MB L2 Cache 1.40 GHz 400 MHz FSB)
Chipset Intel 855GME
Screen 15.4-inch widescreen WXGA TFT
Memory 512 MB DDR (1 x 512 MB) SODIMM (PC2700) Expandable to 2 GB

And it won't boot so can't use Everest, Restore, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users