Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Installer Missing "patch Package"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MAKRLM

MAKRLM

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 PM

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:48 PM

[font=Book Antiqua][size=3]

I have been trying to uninstall Adobe Reader to no avail. I get a messeage that says that I need to contact my Tech Support Group. I do not have a support group. I am basically a beginner with no training on computers.
I found a way to get to the Windows Installer (forgot how now tho) and I get the following Message :
Windows Installer
This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exsists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this a valid Windows Installer parch package..

I downloaded"Windows Installer Cleanup" from Microsoft (msicuu.msi) and got the following error message - Error 1714 - The Older version of WISU cannot be removed. Contact your Tech support Group...

I am the only one that uses this computer and as far as I know am the administrator.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance...........

Dell Dimension 8300 -Windows XP Home -3.00 gig P4 Proccessor - 1 gig memory, 90.97 gig free space.
I have SpyBot Search and Destroy, Ad-AwareSE, AVG 7 Virus, AVG Spyware and AOL's Safety and Security Center with Firewall.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:47 AM

Posted Image to BC MAKRLM

Please try this tip from Adobe

#3 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:22 AM

Take a look at these Adobe uninstall directions.

http://ict.cas.psu.edu/training/howto/util...robatreader.htm

#4 MAKRLM

MAKRLM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 PM

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:10 PM

[font=Book Antiqua][size=4]

Thanks to the 2 responders to my problem.

I tried both of your suggestions and still get to the same thing - Verify patch package - contact vendor - or contact tech support.

While trying all of the above suggestions, I got to thinking about what I have been finding. I checked with Belarc Advisor, and since I have been having this problem and others, I have 2 Administrator Accounts. Don't know how that happened. I went to the Control Panel and checked User Accounts and it only shows 1 Administrator... And it is not the one I am logged on with.

Now what do I do ????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users