Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Verifying Port Is Open For Sip Traffic

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fu510N

fu510N

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:08 PM

I am trying to determine if the issue my brother is having with his VoIP service is truly an issue with the provider...His VoIP provider advised that port 5060 is either filtered or blocked, and since that is the port they use for SIP Traffic, that is why he cannot get calls in. He contacted COX (ISP) and they stated they don't filter ports, but I know that to be a lie, because I finally got them to admit that was the case with my service. Is there a way to check to see if this port is open for SIP Traffic? Can I telnet to that port or ping to see if it's open? Any help would be appreciated. :thumbsup:
Friends, help! A guinea-pig tricked me!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:54 AM

What sort of firewall are you using. I gather there will be one on the router your end and maybe a software one on the machine itself. This will be windows firewall by default.
Check that the ports and or programs are specified for exclusion from the firewall. Have a look at the firewall logs aswell to see if that port is being specified as blocked by a certain firewall. You will need to look at the individual logs for both firewalls.
You can specify a port to try and comect to eg http://www.google:8080
That will try to connect to google on port 8080.
This may not work in your case as the you are trying to connect to will have to have that port open in it's firewall.

I am not sure if this helps. But it will give you a place to start looking.
Posted Image

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 06 March 2007 - 12:30 PM

Here you can check which ports are open

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users