Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Tries To Open/config Microsoft Outlook

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 swobo96

swobo96

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:27 PM

I've had an ongoing issue with my compter trying to open/config Microsoft Office on its own. I figured that it was due to a virus, so I posted a HJT log. The HJT log came up clean, and the person that analyzed it offered the following recomendation:

"In regards to the installation/error messages, they point to an incomplete or corrupt MS Office installation. You should either allow the installation to take place or complete or uninstall the package. They will not go away until one or the other is performed."

They suggested that I visit this forum for assistance. I was wondering what the best way to go about this would be? I have no idea where my MS Office discs are at. I've moved several times since I first installed it, and they have become a casualty of my lack of organization. Should I just remove MS Office from my computer and purchase a new copy?

I will cut and paste my original post (minus the HJT log) below. In it you will find the various issues that my computer has been presenting me with. If you prefer to see it in its entirety, you can find the post here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry466786

Thank you for your time and insight.

Here's the original post:

Everytime I reboot, evertime I open IE, and most of the time that I open programs and folders, a windows installer box appears. I can hit the cancel button on this window, but it usually re-opens several times before going away. If not cancelled, a new window opens that says "Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003. Please wait while Windows configures." Sometimes, after closing the installer box several times, a new window appears that has the following information in it: "Microsoft Office Outlook Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as the default mail client."

In addition to those windows, sometimes if the windows installer box is not cancelled a new window appears that says "Please wait while windows configures HPIZ423". If this window is not cancelled out, a new window appears that reads "Internal error 2908 {ECF8B151-36E3-4AA7-ABA3-E8A1BB85B4DB}".

Less frequently, the various windows installer windows lead to a window with the heading "Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003". Beneath that, the window reads "Installation Error: File not Found A required installation file SKU111.CAB could not be found. Original Installation Source Required". The window then instructs me to insert the CD or browse the computer for the installation source.

I should also note that upon reboot a window opens with an icon consisting of a red circle and white "X". In this window it says "Windows Defender Application failed to initialize: 0x800106ba. A problem caused Windows Defender Service to stop. To start the service, restart your computer or search Help and Support on how to start a service manually".

I have run the various antivirus, spyware, and malware programs, but the problem still persists. Being hugely computer ignorant, I can only speculate that the virus want to send itself, or something else, through my e-mail. Does anyone know what may be causing this, and how to rid my computer of it? I appreciate any insight that anyone can provide. Below you will find my hijack this log.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:13 AM

Windows Defender Issue
There is now a new version of Windows Defender which solved that issue. Please remove old version and install new one.

sku error
When you try to start a Microsoft Office 2003 program for the ...

Perhaps you can run Microsoft online test in general

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users