Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Extending A Wireless Network

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ramsey76

ramsey76

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 05 March 2007 - 05:12 PM

I have a weak wireless signal in my basement.

The Best Buy people suggested a device that will increase my wireless signal using my home electrical wiring. One device plus into the router and and electrical outlet. The second device plugs into an electrical outlet in the basement. The wireless comes from the basement device.

Has anyone used something like this ?

I tried using a similar device a couple months ago that was suppose to provide an ethernet connection using the electrical wiring, but it did not work well.

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:47 AM

This does nwork well but be warned there is interferance in the signal and yopu may not get the full bandwidth of wireless.
I do believe you can get wireless repeaters aswell that if it can see a signal it will braodcast the same signal from another area.
Posted Image

#3 ramsey76

ramsey76
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 06 March 2007 - 12:13 PM

thanks

I went into the store looking for a wirless repeater but htey pushed the product I mentioned.

I will try Comp USA.

T

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users