Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help My Text Is Blurry!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 amyjoe23

amyjoe23

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:47 PM

The day before yesterday I got onto my computer & EVERYTHING was larger than normal. I then went to the Settings in Display Properties & put the Screen Resolution to 1152 X 864 pixels like I had it on. (I didn't change the resolution to the larger size before & my husband says he didn't either) After I changed the resolution to what it was normally, All of the text was blurry!!! I have a HP vs17e moniter (it's a flat screen), so I reset it to the factory settings, but that did not help. I went into effects and changed the font smoothing to ClearType, that helped a little but not a lot. I also downloaded something called Clear Type Tuning from Microsoft, but that didn't do any good either.

I messed around with the resolutions & set it at 1280 X 1024. It made the text not as blurry, but the smaller text still seems a little blurry to me. (My husband says its not but he doesn't see very good anyway, & told me that it was me, but the current book I am reading text is fine).

Does anyone know what may be going on???

Please help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 05 March 2007 - 04:24 PM

You might try to update your graphics card or chip (if onboard). Also might try another monitor if possible
You might want to post your machine specs. it would help
Mark

Edited by garmanma, 05 March 2007 - 04:25 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 05 March 2007 - 05:37 PM

Is it possible to test your monitor on another computer that has a "clear" display to make sure that the monitor itself is not failing?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 05 March 2007 - 06:33 PM

What kind of video card do you have?

Why not try the following :

Remove all drivers for this screen via Add/Remove programs.
Go to START than select turn off AND put your mouse in such a position that you only need to klick reboot.Disconnect the monitor If you hear the famous signal that it is starting up again, connect the monitor and wait until you have logged on.Have the CD ready and as soon as it asks for it put it in and install the drivers and see whether you are "back to normal ".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users