Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Remove The Trojan. Vundo Virus From My Daughters Computer?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ItsaBritThing

ItsaBritThing

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:33 PM

:thumbsup: Hi i need some help in getting rid of the Trojan. vundo virus on my daughters pc i cannot even get on the web, the firewall will not stay up and the virus status is always showing as unknown? this pop up box with notification of virus keeps coming up a million times! It will not clean or quaranteen the thing..or fix it. I really need some help as i am not that computer illiterate! :flowers:
i have windows xp. her computer is hooked up by wireless connection in my office downstairs. I would appreciate any help i can get right now. thank you!

Edited by ItsaBritThing, 05 March 2007 - 03:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Noviciate

Noviciate

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 05 March 2007 - 05:25 PM

Download a copy of HJTsetup.exe from one of these locations and save it to your Desktop:Location one.
Location two.
Location three.
You can transfer it via a flashdrive or disk and get the logs back the same way. I suggest you virus scan the flashdrive, if you use one, before you open anything on your clean PC to ensure that there is no risk of infection - just in case.
  • Double click HJTsetup.exe to begin installation.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\HijackThis.
  • Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
  • Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
  • Continue to follow the prompts from there.
  • When HJT opens, click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button.
  • When HJT has finished scanning, a window entitled "hijackthis.log" will open - when you close this window the log will be saved into the hijackthis folder.
  • Copy and paste this into your next reply.
Also, run HJT and click on Open the Misc Tools section.
  • Click Open Uninstall Manager...
  • Click Save list... and save it to your Desktop.
  • Copy and paste the file uninstall_list.txt into your next reply.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users