Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba 2105cds Laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 frogarri

frogarri

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 05 March 2007 - 12:58 PM

Recently I opened up my laptop (above) to install a new CD/DVD player unit. When I put the top and bottom cases back together I discovered a 4 wire ribbon cable that I could not find a receptacle for. This ribbon cable is for the mouse buttons on the palm pad I need to know where this should terminate. I need to hook up a standard mouse to control my cursor! Any help will be appreciated.

TIA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:42 PM

Hi frogarri, welcome to BC. :thumbsup:
It connects to a zif socket on the motherboard.
I have the field service manual on that one. If you want it, PM me with your e-mail addy and I'll send it to you.

Edited by HitSquad, 05 March 2007 - 01:43 PM.

#3 frogarri

frogarri
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:08 PM

HitSquad,

Thanks, but I finally found it. The connector on the mother board was buried under the modem. Pulled the modem and there it was. Pain in the butt to install as there is no room but got it connected again and all is working.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users