Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Boots Up To The Windows Screen Then Shuts Down And Restarts...? Help

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 KP07

KP07

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 05 March 2007 - 12:15 PM

Could it be the hard drive or power supply??? Motherboard? Please help me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 holytoaster4

holytoaster4

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:20 PM

try going to windows in safe mode. press f8 on the startup screen and then go to boot windows in safe mode or something like that. How long has your computer been doing this has it always been like that since you hooked it up or is it just a problem that happened at some point
TOASTERS WILL RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 KP07

KP07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:48 PM

I tried that, it does the same thing in Safe mode as it does normally. It just started recently, i did nothing to the computer recently.

I did have a problem with some malware, and adware but i seemed to solve that. Then soon after it would do this.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Ken

#4 holytoaster4

holytoaster4

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2007 - 12:17 PM

this probably isn't it but try it anyway. Boot to windows to last good configuration. Sorry but I'm not really as much help if you can't even get into windows.
TOASTERS WILL RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 grouchyone

grouchyone

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 07 March 2007 - 03:17 AM

Hi KP07,

I have the same problem as yours. I guess that malware did something to the startup program.

I'm really not sure of what to do, guess the os is now crashed. How to reinstall os, can't even get into safe mode.

Anyone with some ideas, please help!!!

#6 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 07 March 2007 - 03:55 AM

What about if you go into the the bios change the booting sequence to CD first. Reboot and slip your XP cd in the drive? Manual for repair install by Michael Stevens

Edited by fozzie, 07 March 2007 - 03:58 AM.

#7 grouchyone

grouchyone

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 07 March 2007 - 04:16 AM

What about if you go into the the bios change the booting sequence to CD first. Reboot and slip your XP cd in the drive? Manual for repair install by Michael Stevens

the current os is xp sp1, can i probably use a new os ie. xp sp2? my valuable documents are in a different drive, will it be affected?

#8 KP07

KP07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2007 - 12:10 PM

Hey thanks for the help. I actually deleted my os and reinstalled XP last night. I used the xp disk and booted from the cd as stated earlier.

I reinstalled all the drivers needed, and my computer is faster than ever. I lost a bunch of info, but nothing really that important.

Thanks
Ken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users