Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anybody Know How To Copy An Image This Way?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 tamsin

tamsin

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:40 AM

Help with saving

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, hoping someone may be able to help. I really need to save an image - I can save most images as normal, including the copyright ones etc. However, with this other type, when you right click on the image and the drop-down menu is the type that doesn't have "save picture as" and also isn't the normal copyright disabled one - but instead has this list:

Zoom in
-------
Show all
Quality
Play
Loop
Rewind
Forward
Back
Settings...
Print...
About Adobe Flash Player 9...

Options in the drop-down menu instead... how do I still save the image, is there a simple way that anybody knows??

Thanks in advance!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:48 AM

There is specific software to do this, but it can be achieved by pressing Printscreen to copy an image of your screen to the clipboard and then cropping the resulting image down to what you want.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 tamsin

tamsin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:52 AM

Thanks Budapest for your fast response!! :thumbsup: :flowers:

#4 tamsin

tamsin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2007 - 06:29 PM

Hi again

If "print screen" won't copy into either notepad or wordpad and also won't open into any paint program, anybody know why?? :thumbsup: Am using WinXP on my Laptop and have tried both whilst and not when my printer is connected to it.

Cheers.

#5 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 956 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 05 March 2007 - 06:44 PM

Its a ShockWave Flash Object, swf. This is normally a video therefore its going to be difficult to capture every frame with Pri-Sc. I can make you a program to stop and start as you want too then you could do a screendump. :thumbsup:

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

#6 tamsin

tamsin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:48 PM

Keithuk, thanks for your response and advice! :thumbsup: :inlove: I don't want to put you to loads of trouble with making a program!! :flowers: ~ However, i'm really grateful for your offer, that's really kind!! :cool: ~ Only if its really not a prob to you at all!! Thanks very much!! :trumpet:

#7 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 06 March 2007 - 12:35 AM

Can you post a link, to the image you're trying to capture?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#8 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 06 March 2007 - 01:04 AM

I'm not sure what method you were using but what you should try is to press PrintScreen to capture the image, then open Microsoft Paint and then select Edit, Paste. Let us know if that works.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#9 tamsin

tamsin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:10 PM

Thanks again for responding. After pressing "prt sc" to take a screenshot - upon opening Ms Paint, under the "edit" option, "paste" is greyed out and only "paste from" is available.. Also "ctrl V" doesn't paste the screenshot either..

Edited by tamsin, 07 March 2007 - 01:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users