Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Visual Basic Question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chlazzaro177

chlazzaro177

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 04 March 2007 - 06:40 PM

I finished my project last night and then the next day I went to put in alt codes for my program and when I saved it and then start the debug it doesn't show the new settings. In design view its correct but when I execute it, it doesn't show the new change. This has happend to me before with something else but I managed to fix it and not know how I did it. If you know how to fix this please let me know.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 04 March 2007 - 07:37 PM

99% of the time when this occurs to me it is because I am making changes in oneversion of the code, but actually running a different version of the code.

Since you didn't bother to mention anything about your environment, and I am fresh out of E.S.P. pills, that's about the best help I can give, or probably anyone else. :thumbsup:

#3 chlazzaro177

chlazzaro177
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2007 - 08:08 PM

Um I'm not sure how to explain my problem then. What do you mean my environment?

Another example of this happening to me was:
Putting a label in design view saving it and then starting the debug and it doesn't show the label.

#4 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 957 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:33 AM

Um I'm not sure how to explain my problem then. What do you mean my environment?

Another example of this happening to me was:
Putting a label in design view saving it and then starting the debug and it doesn't show the label.

Enviroment, Win9x/ME/Win2k/WinXP. Which version of VB 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or .NET

Debug won't show you anything unless you tell it too.

DeBug.Print Label1.Caption

If the Label doesn't show is it visible at DesignTime or is it hidden behind another control? :thumbsup:

Can you post your project?

Edited by Keithuk, 05 March 2007 - 07:35 AM.

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

#5 chlazzaro177

chlazzaro177
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:35 AM

I am using WIN XP and the VB I am using is VB.net 2003 Standard. The label works now I'm just saying at one point it didn't work and then it started to work after awhile. My whole project works now but sometimes it won't show the new things I added in and then after being pissed off and 10-20 minutes later it works.
Maybe I am just going crazy and its working all along.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users