Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems Restoring With Complete Bc Restore

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nark Curse

Nark Curse

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 04 March 2007 - 08:41 AM

Hi I've done a backup of vista ultimate 32bit on my usb hard drive, fitted new internal hard drive, tried to restore complete pc backup from hard drive but vista recovery console won't find image, I used vista install dvd, any ideas why it won't find image all works I know image there as I've got xp on other partition and can see backup.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:39 AM

It may be that the windows recovery environment is not seeing the usb drive. If you go into the windows command prompt can you access the drive from there?

If not, then it could be that you need to load the USB drivers so that it can access the USB external drive. I am little surprised that this would be the case but you never know. I found some generic usb drivers here:

http://www.usbnews.com/news/drivers%20for%...0enclosures.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users