Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screens Of Deaths

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tea Leaf

Tea Leaf

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 04 March 2007 - 01:15 PM

Hello, I've had this computer for about a year and a half now and it has been always giving me random BSoDs. I lived with it until yesterday when it gave me 3 of them within 5 minutes. They are rather random, so I have no idea when it will suddenly just blue screen on me. Sometimes it can blue screen everyday, sometimes it can take one week before it blue screens.

Here's one of the errors:

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)

Caused by KSecDD.sys.

I have mini-dumps of all the crashes if anyone requests them.

I was playing a game at that time but it happens with other things too and I've noticed that they have all been related to this KSecDD.sys thing.

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 04 March 2007 - 03:01 PM

Check your sticks of memory if you have more than one. Try using one stick at a time to see if one has failed. Also check your video card. Pull and reseat it. If it has a fan see if it is running and/or needs to be cleaned.
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

#3 Redback

Redback

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 06 March 2007 - 07:44 PM

I'd try Googling that file and checking if it is legit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users