Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Emachines Computer Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bobby31

Bobby31

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 04 March 2007 - 10:02 AM

I have an emachines t2958 computer, that has recently stopped working. When I press the power button to turn it on, the blue light around the e comes on, but nothing else happens. There is not that woosh sound you normally hear when the computer turns on. I have to unplug the computer to get the light to go off, and then when I try and start it up again, the same thing happens, I get a small initial sound, and then nothing, just the light staying lit. Any ideas as to what the problem is, and also how to fix it? Thanks

(Moderator edit: added Topic Description. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 04 March 2007 - 10:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 04 March 2007 - 04:04 PM

If it only gets as far as that it could be just about anything except the PSU. If you can fit another hard disk from somewhere as a test that would be a start -- forget about what's on the disk, you just want to know if it will spin up. If it does (the "whoosh" sound you referred to), it sounds like the original disk has failed.

#3 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 04 March 2007 - 04:25 PM

Actually it could be the power supply. The Bestec power supplies used in Emachines as well as some HP/Compaqs are known to go bad. Sometimes they take the motherboard with them.
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users