Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Access Home Networking

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wonga

wonga

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 04 March 2007 - 01:19 AM

It seems that i cannot access my home network even when i have the wep key. other then the PC all other wifi enable cannot access the network. It was worst when I disable the secutiry on my network yet still cannot access the network with my laptop..can someone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jesse Bassett

Jesse Bassett

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:18 AM

What operating system are you using? Also, what is the name of your wireless card... the one built into your laptop?
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 l McAfee Total Protection l Super AntiSpyware Free Edition l AdAware SE Personal l Spyware Blaster l Spyware Guard l Safe Eyes 2007

#3 ygs168

ygs168

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:12 PM

Actually i also have the same thing... i try check with my network driver, my network setting, and.....got one special problem is...i can using exp: \\wintest\incoming\ then enter == then i can see the file that i want to search from Lan PC, but i can not copy or open or deltele ......hai really what king off network seeting problem.

can , got any friend know about this problem... let us know ,... coz i think many friend also got this problem.

:thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet:

#4 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:03 AM

Well really you have to start at the basics. Can you see the SSID of the wireless router. Disable all wep and wpa settings from the wireless router and also Mac address filtering if you are using it. Can you connect to the router. If you can and it assigns a IP address then you can start to lock down the system.
Posted Image

#5 wonga

wonga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:56 AM

I am using a sony viao.. I have tried disabling security for router and network...I can see my ssid also. no ip address was issue..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users