Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Was Just Searching My C Drive And

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tyroto411

tyroto411

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 03 March 2007 - 04:14 PM

I went to search files and folders and typed in c drive, at the end of the search I got a bunch of files from 2004 and 2005. What exatly are these files and should i delete them or keep them? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2007 - 04:23 PM

Can you be more descriptive?

Was your operating system installed when you got the computer, or did you install it yourself?

Can you take screen shots and post them?

Post back with some more information, because they could very well be just regular files.

#3 tyroto411

tyroto411
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2007 - 04:31 PM

well most of the files say EA games, atari, or visual basic. It was installed when i got the comp.

#4 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2007 - 05:05 PM

Are those files causing your computer to mis-behave? If not, goto your Add/Remove Programs and see if any of them are listed in there. If you don't need them, delete them. If they're not listed there, then you need to take inventory of all programs installed on your computer and see if those files relate to them. If none of the programs installed are related to the files you have, then it would be safe to remove the files.

BACKUP your data 1st.... even the files you're going to remove.... just in case something goes wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users