Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard Drive Killed The Video (star?)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PhantomaZero

PhantomaZero

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 03 March 2007 - 01:40 PM

I just got a WD 250GB SATA HDD for my dad's rig. I installed it and partitioned it to NTFS using GParted. Initial setup gave me no trouble, everything was detected without a hitch. However, upon rebooting out of Gparted, the monitor flashed a "No Signal" and that was the end of it. The PC still appears to POST correctly and even boot into Windows presumably, but the video is just gone. I have tried removing the video card and using the integrated video and unplugging the HDD with no success.

Appreciate any help you guys can provide. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 04 March 2007 - 02:28 AM

Is the transition from the graphics card to the onboard automatic or do you need to change it in the BIOS?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 PhantomaZero

PhantomaZero
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 04 March 2007 - 01:16 PM

Yes, the video transition is automatic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users