Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office 2007

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jonnyhibbert

jonnyhibbert

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 03 March 2007 - 01:37 PM

I've got the new office and Iím trying to find speech recognition for it like in the 2003 version...Any idea if this feature is even included and if it is how do I use it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,195 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2007 - 03:42 PM

I'm checking to see but I think if you got Vista /office 07 then you get speech. If only office less functions. Yet they had it for XP.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 jonnyhibbert

jonnyhibbert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2007 - 04:31 PM

I'm checking to see but I think if you got Vista /office 07 then you get speech. If only office less functions. Yet they had it for XP.

I havent got Vista, just office. I know vista definitely has Speech but i cant find it on office.

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:36 PM

Here is a program that may fill your needs. It is about 1\2 way down the page. DSpeech. It is freeware.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2007 - 09:22 AM

I've got the new office and Iím trying to find speech recognition for it like in the 2003 version...Any idea if this feature is even included and if it is how do I use it?

Speech recognition has been removed from Office 2007 and placed in Vista instead.
Are you looking to convert text to speech, speech to text, or both?

#6 jonnyhibbert

jonnyhibbert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2007 - 10:11 AM

Speech recognition has been removed from Office 2007 and placed in Vista instead.
Are you looking to convert text to speech, speech to text, or both?

Ahh i thought it might have been.
Im looking for speech to text and also commands- e.g: 'open', 'save' ect.

#7 Jesse Bassett

Jesse Bassett

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:07 AM

I'd try the freeware program Acklan suggested. It seems decent and will do what your looking Office '07 to do......
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 l McAfee Total Protection l Super AntiSpyware Free Edition l AdAware SE Personal l Spyware Blaster l Spyware Guard l Safe Eyes 2007

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users