Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Application Popup At Startup

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 2lupines

2lupines

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 03 March 2007 - 01:24 PM

I keep getting an occasional popup at start up which states that one of the files containing the system's Registry data has had to recovered by use of a log or alternate copy the event ID is 26. From what information I have been able to find the error refers to a corrupt or misplaced drive (?) if this is the case how can I establish what/where the problem is and how can I correct it. Any advice would be most welcome. Thanks

The computer operating system is XP Home SP2 and is fully patched and updated.

Edited by 2lupines, 03 March 2007 - 01:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 03 March 2007 - 03:00 PM

From what I understand that error code is assoicated with Microsoft windows terminal services. It pops up when the service expires or the terminal cannot connect to the server.
Are you running this computer in a work enviroment? Is this a Corporate version of XP? If so comtact your administrator or use the instruction to disable the error message.

Edited by acklan, 03 March 2007 - 03:00 PM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 2lupines

2lupines
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2007 - 06:15 PM

Thanks for your reply acklam, My computer is a stand alone which is not connected to any other. I have a direct connection to my ISP on a ADSL line. From looking for a solution I had got the impression that the problem was due to a faulty driver and have reinstalled/updated all that I know of but this has made no difference. I have just rebooted and there was no popup and it might not happen again again for several days then it starts appearing again for no known reason. The Event Viewer only states that to resolve the issue I should reinstall the driver but gives no clue as to how I can establish which one(s) are causing the problem.

Edited by 2lupines, 03 March 2007 - 06:16 PM.

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:22 PM

Could you "copy&paste" the entire error message. Have you looked in your Device Manage to see if there is a device that is having a problem?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 2lupines

2lupines
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2007 - 06:20 AM

Hi acklam, Yes I have looked in the Device Manager but there is nothing I can find to suggest any problems related to the error reports. Here is a copy of the Event Viewer log:

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID: 26
Date: 03/03/2007
Time: 20:18:51
User: N/A
Computer: XXXXXXXXXXX
Description:
Application popup: Windows - Registry Recovery : One of the files containing the system's Registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate copy. The recovery was successful.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."

Many thanks for your help so far it is much appreciated.

Edited by 2lupines, 04 March 2007 - 06:22 AM.

#6 2lupines

2lupines
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2007 - 04:50 AM

Don't know if there are anymore suggestions with regards to resolving this problem but after a few days of not getting anymore popups it has returned with a vengence and I now get the popup stating that a registry file has been recovered at each bootup. :thumbsup: :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users