Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ad.doubleclick.net And View.aydmt.com

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nat

nat

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 03 March 2007 - 01:02 PM

:flowers:

Hi

I often use firefox browser, and the screen shots below are examples of messages on the screen, always on the right side under "Advertisment". Are these viruses or not? AVG hasn't picked them up, but it did find 2 trojans:
prodsrvs.exe (filed in ...\system32)
instant access.exe (filed ..\program files)

Are the trojans related to the below??

Posted Image

Posted Image

I can't seem to find much on how to determine if they are viruses (your site didn't finf them).

XP Professional FIrefox 3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 03 March 2007 - 02:54 PM

atdmt.exe is an ad server that will attempt to install ads in most microsoft web sites and others. You have blocked access to it. There are several possible ways that it is blocked. If you have blocked Third Party cookies, use Adblock extension or Spyblaster. No Script extension could play a part in blocking, too.
Same goes for doubleclick.

Edited by buddy215, 03 March 2007 - 02:56 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 nat

nat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 04 March 2007 - 01:53 PM

Many thanks Buddy215

I have followed your advice and now await to view the hopefully positive reults.

Everyone's help is always much appreciated.

Nat :thumbsup:

XP Professional FIrefox 3

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 04 March 2007 - 05:45 PM

With the Adblock extension in Firefox, you can right click on the ad and choose "block Iframe" and you want even see that message!
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users