Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Stefke

Stefke

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 03 March 2007 - 11:27 AM

im tired of always putting a CD inside my CD rom when playing a game,it happens that i forget it inside,and it damages my CD drive(i had to replace it 2 times).Any solution to this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 03 March 2007 - 11:30 AM

I just always remove out of habit any CD in a drive after I use it.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Fremder

Fremder

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2007 - 04:38 PM

If you're talking about leaving a game disc in the drive and tired of putting the disc in to play, then get a no-cd patch, I find them quite useful.
You will not like me if I'm angry.

#4 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:14 AM

Don't really got more information on this but I know that there are programs out there the create a virtual cd-drive. What it is you "rip" the cd to a ROM file and then using this program you create a virtual cd-drive with the ROM file. It's just like putting the cd in but not needing the cd physically.

Great for people that have a lot of cds, keeps everything nice and organised...

#5 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:17 AM

Alcohol120 is such a program, not free but very good... There is a trial version with all the features

#6 Fremder

Fremder

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:05 PM

The no-cd patch is the best, you don't need to make virtual drives or anything. It just replaces the .EXE so you just click on the new one and it starts the game for you and guess what you don't need the cd. If you want a website to get these patches go to (which I think is a bad idea to write on a forum, because these patches can be abused) GameBurnWorld. Then go to Game Fixes and search for the game you want and download the highest version of the games NO-CD/FIXED EXE and put the new .EXE where the old one is and make sure your game is up to date. You do have to replace all your shortcuts. THERE IS NO GUARANTEED THAT THE NO-CD PATCH WILL WORK FOR ONLINE, for example Star Wars Battlefront 2, the no-cd patch for it, won't let you connect to the servers unless you have the disc in the drive. Virtual drives are a waste of time, just wait for the no-cd patch to come out.

Edited by Fremder, 08 March 2007 - 04:59 PM.

#7 Stefke

Stefke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2007 - 08:35 AM

The no-cd patch is the best, you don't need to make virtual drives or anything. It just replaces the .EXE so you just click on the new one and it starts the game for you and guess what you don't need the cd. If you want a website to get these patches go to (which I think is a bad idea to write on a forum, because these patches can be abused) GameBurnWorld. Then go to Game Fixes and search for the game you want and download the highest version of the games NO-CD/FIXED EXE and put the new .EXE where the old one is and make sure your game is up to date. You do have to replace all your shortcuts. THERE IS NO GUARANTEED THAT THE NO-CD PATCH WILL WORK FOR ONLINE, for example Star Wars Battlefront 2, the no-cd patch for it, won't let you connect to the servers unless you have the disc in the drive. Virtual drives are a waist of time, just wait for the no-cd patch to come out.

yea i know about the risks of those no cd patches,it could easily be a virus.ill try them,thanks for the help

#8 Fremder

Fremder

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2007 - 04:58 PM

Just don't download them off P2P networks, they're untrustworthy. This site I believe is legit, so far I havn't got a virus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users