Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lunar Eclipse March 3, 2007

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 03 March 2007 - 11:23 AM

Lunar Eclipse March 3, 2007

Just for any one interested an ecplise will occur today... In NY/NJ it occurs 3:15 thru 5:44 PM.
ther's a map here for all else... hope you can enjoy it

http://njnightsky.com/nuke/html/modules.ph...cle&sid=672
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cowboy357

cowboy357

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2007 - 11:31 AM

Thank,s boopme for the info, I haven,t heard anything ., Are You talking this afternoon ? I wonder what time it would be in Kansas.I went to that link, but obviously not smart enough to figure it out. Thanks Cowboy
Yer Only gonna be as happy, as You decide to be . Cowboy

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 72,214 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2007 - 11:46 AM

Yes today.. i guess 2 hours earlier
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2007 - 11:58 AM

Hopefully, it will stop snowing so I can see it.
Thanks,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 TheYoda

TheYoda

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 03 March 2007 - 04:24 PM

Omg, I see it. That's amazing! :thumbsup:

"A coward dies a thousand times before his death. The valiant never taste of death but once." -William Shakespeare

Fold for your future...Help us find a cure.

#6 Kyle

Kyle

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 03 March 2007 - 04:45 PM

It's 11:44PM here, and with it being night, I don't know what i'm supposed to see? The moon seems to be darkening.

Warm regards,
Kyle

Edited by Djk, 03 March 2007 - 04:47 PM.

Regards,
Kyle

#7 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 03 March 2007 - 04:49 PM

It is 2247 overhere and i get the same sight. Full eclipse will be here within 1 hour.

#8 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2007 - 04:53 PM

I bet the view is spectacular

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 72,214 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2007 - 05:04 PM

A simple viewer to save the eyes .. as it is very powerful here

Projection Viewing

A very safe way to look at the partial phases of a total solar eclipse is to construct a basic pinhole projection. A pinhole projection is the result of light traveling through a small hole and projecting an image of itself against a light colored surface.

You can create a pinhole shield with a piece of paper or cardboard. Poke a hole in paper using a pencil point. The pinhole only needs to be a couple of millimeters across and should be as round as possible. Try not to leave jagged edges if punching the hole through cardboard or some other stiff material.

Pinhole effects can be observed during an eclipse in a variety of places. The shadow through a tree can create a myriad of pinhole images. Loosely woven hats with lots of small holes are a favorite of many eclipse-chasing veterans.

Another interesting technique is to punch several pinholes in the paper so that multiple eclipse images appear on the projected surface. Don't put the holes too close to each other as that will cause the images to overlap.

The projection technique can also be applied to a telescope or binoculars. That is, an image from the eyepiece can be projected to a surface and the sun studied in detail. Someone very knowledgeable about his or her telescope can do this for you and some small telescopes are sold with solar projection attachments. Under no circumstances should you look through the telescope unless directed so by an expert at solar observing (and make sure there is a filter attached in the proper place!).

http://www.eclipse-chasers.com/safe.htm

#10 athelos

athelos

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:34 PM

Its beautiful!! My mums got a picture of it at half way with the camera and equipment she uses for her college photography. Its got a blue..aura is the best way to describe it, that fades of into a blurrey orange/red towards the darkened areas.....Beautiful :thumbsup:
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.
--Charles Schultz

#11 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,616 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:42 PM

The eclipse is visible from here in West Tennessee. The earth has about 2/3 of the moon blocked from the sun.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#12 Darthy

Darthy

The red side of the Force

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:55 PM

Here where I live I saw it. It was a full eclipse. :thumbsup: :flowers:
Εν οίδα οτι ουδέν οίδα - Socrates
Thanks John

#13 TheYoda

TheYoda

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2007 - 10:12 PM

I don't see it no more :flowers:
but while I did it was awesome :thumbsup:

"A coward dies a thousand times before his death. The valiant never taste of death but once." -William Shakespeare

Fold for your future...Help us find a cure.

#14 nn23

nn23

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2007 - 12:41 AM

ha haaaa i saw it CHEERS boopme :thumbsup:

It was COOOL, I saw the full thing, the moon was completely covered! And it kinda looked red as the sun was moving over it, got a couple of photos but i'm sure they wont of been that good he he, it was a fun camera experience though cause i've only had it for a month and its my first EVER proper camera m hm! :inlove:

LOVED IT, WELL CHUFT, NICE ONE!!! :flowers: :trumpet: nn23

#15 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2007 - 12:37 PM

I dont know how "beautiful" it was but I saw it.

To me it looked like a big black blob over the moon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users