Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems With My Pc Going Slow And Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rachy

rachy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 03 March 2007 - 08:08 AM

hiya been having a few problems with my computer the highjack forum were very helpful and helped me out then it was running fine, a couple of weeks later some of the problems came back..
1) computer is very slow on booting up and very very slow running things
2) my anti virus takes ages to load up ( it never took aslong as it does now)
3) iv been having problems with my internet explorer only seems to want to work when it feels like it, for example... a page will pop up saying http not valid or internet explorer could not find page .. iv had to download firefox for back up just incase my internet explorer doesnt work
4)done a spyware scan and found a back door.

iv just done a anti spyware scan and this is the result

AVG Anti-Spyware - Scan Report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created at: 12:34:39 03/03/2007

+ Scan result:

C:\Program Files\WinRAR\Rar.exe -> Backdoor.Pcclient.gv : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\rachel evans\Cookies\rachel_evans@2o7[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\rachel evans\Cookies\rachel_evans@msnportal.112.2o7[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\rachel evans\Cookies\rachel_evans@adrevolver[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Adrevolver : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\rachel evans\Cookies\rachel_evans@adtech[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Adtech : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\rachel evans\Cookies\rachel_evans@advertising[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\rachel evans\Cookies\rachel_evans@atdmt[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Atdmt : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\rachel evans\Cookies\rachel_evans@bluestreak[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Bluestreak : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\rachel evans\Cookies\rachel_evans@burstnet[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Burstnet : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\rachel evans\Cookies\rachel_evans@www.burstnet[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Burstnet : No action taken.
:mozilla.11:C:\Documents and Settings\rachel evans\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\7lwm9598.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Casalemedia : No action taken.
:mozilla.12:C:\Documents and Settings\rachel evans\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\7lwm9598.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Casalemedia : No action taken.
:mozilla.13:C:\Documents and Settings\rachel evans\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\7lwm9598.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Casalemedia : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\rachel evans\Cookies\rachel_evans@casalemedia[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Casalemedia : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\rachel evans\Cookies\rachel_evans@doubleclick[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Doubleclick : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\rachel evans\Cookies\rachel_evans@e-2dj6wjliopd5wdq.stats.esomniture[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Esomniture : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\rachel evans\Cookies\rachel_evans@adopt.euroclick[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Euroclick : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\rachel evans\Cookies\rachel_evans@fastclick[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Fastclick : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\rachel evans\Cookies\rachel_evans@ehg-youtube.hitbox[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Hitbox : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\rachel evans\Cookies\rachel_evans@hitbox[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Hitbox : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\rachel evans\Cookies\rachel_evans@mediaplex[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Mediaplex : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\rachel evans\Cookies\rachel_evans@overture[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Overture : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\rachel evans\Cookies\rachel_evans@ads.pointroll[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Pointroll : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\rachel evans\Cookies\rachel_evans@revsci[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Revsci : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\rachel evans\Cookies\rachel_evans@bs.serving-sys[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Serving-sys : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\rachel evans\Cookies\rachel_evans@serving-sys[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Serving-sys : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\rachel evans\Cookies\rachel_evans@statcounter[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Statcounter : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\rachel evans\Cookies\rachel_evans@tacoda[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\rachel evans\Cookies\rachel_evans@tradedoubler[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Tradedoubler : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\rachel evans\Cookies\rachel_evans@tribalfusion[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Tribalfusion : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\rachel evans\Cookies\rachel_evans@statse.webtrendslive[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Webtrendslive : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\rachel evans\Cookies\rachel_evans@ad.yieldmanager[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : No action taken.

::Report end

could you please help me would really be greatful
thank you
rachel

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 03 March 2007 - 10:17 AM

Use the application to quarantine all that it has found. All but the first instance appear to be tracking cookies which, while not something one wants, are not that harmful.
A sluggish computer may be caused by other things than malware. Have you performed maintenance on your computer recently? (cleaned unneeded files, reviewed applications that launch on start up, run checkdisk and defragmented your hard drive).
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 rachy

rachy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 03 March 2007 - 12:05 PM

hiya thanks for ure reply, yes i have just done that got rid of some programes i dont use done disk clean up and defraged.
everything just seens 2 take ages to do.
any ideas?
thanks
rachel
ps. im not really good with computers so if u could talk baby langage to me i can understand that lol sorry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users