Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Will Upgrade To Vista Remove Spyware

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cluless

Cluless

• Members
  • 143 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:44 AM

Hi

I have a spyware problem that Hijack this help is struggling to remove. I currently run Windows XP, can anyone tell me if I upgrade to Vista and do a clean installation that the spyware problem will be definitely be removed.

regards

Cluless

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Maco

Maco

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 03 March 2007 - 08:16 AM

If by clean install you mean formatting the HD then YES it will clear the problem.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 03 March 2007 - 10:12 AM

Any clean installation of any OS, whether it is XP or Vista, will accomplish that task, since reformatting wipes the hard drive clean, as it were. If you elect to do this, please discuss this option with the volunteer working with you on your log.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 07 March 2007 - 01:04 PM

Clean installs are definitely the way to go, just remember to backup your files first.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users