Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question For Ms Paint About Resize

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stevemalee

stevemalee

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:33 PM

When I open a picture in MS Paint, it is very large.

The HELP section says to go to VIEW, then ZOOM, the choose "normal size."

However, Normal Size is "greyed out."

What do I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:18 PM

What are you trying to do? Do you know what resolution your monitor is set to?

#3 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:36 PM

Hi stevemalee.
Paint opens the picture in it's normal size by default. The only time that option becomes available is if you zoom in or out. To see what I mean, open an image and and choose large or custom. The normal size will now be an option. You cannot resize an image itself with paint, you can only change the "viewing" size. It is a pixel based program rather then an object based one. If you want to resize the actual image, use something else like xnview, irfanview or some other image editing program that may already be installed on your system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users