Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Tool Bar.....?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sobi

sobi

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 02 March 2007 - 05:07 PM

:huh: Really! At the top of my screen is the internet address bar, then to the right of, that a way to change the page size and close the page.
:huh: Under that is the usual task bar featuring "file, edit, view, favorites , tools and help", but this is associated with a Google search bar. It has no bearing on the internet address bar. SO I am unable to copy and paste addresses (which is all I really need to do- - -and I did it alot with XP so it is really frustrating not to be albe to do it with Vista!!)

when I went to Vista support, it suggested I click on "tools" and then some, but the tools for the Google search bar is not the same as for the internet address bar......it just didn't have the choices I needed to continue.....

:huh: I hope someone out there understands this, cause I have been trying to figure it out for days now...........I keep hitting dead ends.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_uhaligani_*

Guest_uhaligani_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 March 2007 - 12:43 AM

Well. Here is one who, I am sorry, does not understand. You are obviously referring to IE7, but what is it exactly you are requesting. If I understand a little of your post, I have no difficulty copying and pasting addresses into the address panel.

#3 sobi

sobi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2007 - 01:46 PM

Only that I can't copy and paste addresses. When I click 'edit' on the Google task bar the 'Cut, copy and paste' options are greyed out.

#4 Guest_uhaligani_*

Guest_uhaligani_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 March 2007 - 02:16 PM

Sorry - I did not know that was called a google task bar. I cannot cut and I would not see any purpose in doing so from a third party web page. If I select something on the page, then I can certainly copy and paste. Maybe someone with the same problem can advise you.

#5 Maco

Maco

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 03 March 2007 - 02:40 PM

How to move the File,Edit,View,Favorites,Tools and Help toolbar to the top on IE7.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser]

"ITBar7Position"=dword:00000001

BE CAREFUL, U R EDITING THE REGISTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Maco, 03 March 2007 - 05:31 PM.

#6 Guest_uhaligani_*

Guest_uhaligani_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 04 March 2007 - 04:56 AM

I am still a little loss as to what it is you are wanting to do. In XP, or any OS/browser, unless you had full rights, you would not be able to "cut" from the Web page - is this what you mean?

Edited by uhaligani, 04 March 2007 - 06:13 AM.

#7 Maco

Maco

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2007 - 06:40 AM

I think he means that IE7 by default comes with no MENU bar, it is hidden, by doing the registry key that I mentioned it brings it out of retirement.

#8 Guest_uhaligani_*

Guest_uhaligani_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 04 March 2007 - 09:09 AM

Oh my gosh. . In that case all he needed was to right click the space next to the tab he is referring to, and select "Menu Bar"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users