Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Things That We Have Always Wanted To Do.

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 nn23

nn23

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 02 March 2007 - 04:59 PM

Hi, i thought this might be a nice idea for a Topic so whether its that last clue for 10 across in last years crossword book orrr any item you have always wanted but either cant find or afford...or even your SECRET DESIRES TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! MWAHA HA HA HAHHAhahahahahahaaaaa :flowers:

You could leave a bit of a description of whatever it is and why it is of interest to you. I think it will make an interesting read :inlove:

NICE ONE!! :thumbsup: :trumpet: nn23

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 02 March 2007 - 05:10 PM

I would like to take away all weapons, from all..... foreign and domestic.

#3 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:42 PM

I've always wanted to visit the republic of Tuva. Its somewhere Russia and Mongolia. I am very interested in the whole culture and was drawn in when i heard some Tuvan throatsinging on an album i had by a band called Bela Fleck and the Fleck Tones where a Tuvan performer called Congar Ol Ondar who is a superstar in that region jammed with the band....heres a clip of the very song, theres only a bit of throatsinging at the beginning and the middle but its a lovely example of this phenomena.

Aswell as the flecktones it is a place that has attracted the attentions of a number of people i am interested in including the physicist John Freynmen whos attention was first drawn by some stamps but later made a hobby out of their culture and the study of throatsinging and also Frank Zapper who drew inspiration and used throatsinging on some of his albums i think like possibly Bongo Fury, but i cant be sure...certainly his work with Captain Beefheart featured it in some way. I really would like to see and experience the Tuvan Shamanistic/Buddhist culture that has many interesting traditions.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

People tie prayer rags to trees.

Posted Image

This is a nice little story :flowers:
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...VFA:en%26sa%3DN

Posted Image
Many people live off the land in yurts in Tuva. This area is where this style of home comes from.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wow, i've been on a bit of a moyd with this one, but it is something i do plan to do when i have more time :thumbsup: .

BYE :trumpet: nn23

Edited by nn23, 02 March 2007 - 08:43 PM.

#4 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:46 PM

I would like to take away all weapons, from all..... foreign and domestic.

:thumbsup: ha ha, it took me soooo long to write this reply that you got there first Walkman, quite chuffed actually, i had to edit mine cause it said "i'll start" :flowers: .

You started it in a completely unexpected direction and thats a really :inlove: one too. :cool:

NICE ONE!!! :trumpet:

Edited by nn23, 02 March 2007 - 08:47 PM.

#5 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:52 PM

Yeah,,, I'd love to visit other countries and get to know their cultures.

The sceneries are are natural, and honest living.

Take me there

#6 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2007 - 09:22 PM

ha ha ha :thumbsup: ...i'm going to twist things now ha haha .. yeah, thats just one side of the coin though, in the article link it highlights also the poverty drinking and depression in the way of life there :inlove: . I read somewhere else that a woman shouldnt go out at night because she is VERY likely to be raped or murdered...but i like the pictures he he :flowers:

Oneday he he, :trumpet:

OOOO just to add to my new topic, yes the other thing i have always wanted to do is build a yurt. My friend on site has got one, he knows how to build them so thats actually a manageable aspiration, maybe in the next couple of years...as i said, when i'm less busy :cool:

NICE ONE BYE! nn23 :)

Edited by nn23, 02 March 2007 - 10:09 PM.

#7 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,719 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2007 - 09:36 PM

I would like to see the ocean.
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#8 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 02 March 2007 - 09:48 PM

Where the Ocean makes Landfall is nice to look at.
As far as the Ocean itself,It's "As boring as Bat ......Droppings"

#9 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:07 PM

:thumbsup: :flowers: yeah ha ha, but maybe not if you havnt seen it before. So, did you mean you had never been to the beach before Orange Blossom or did you mean specifically out in a boat in the ocean?

#10 Darthy

Darthy

The red side of the Force

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:18 PM

Hi, i thought this might be a nice idea for a Topic so whether its that last clue for 10 across in last years crossword book orrr any item you have always wanted but either cant find or afford...or even your SECRET DESIRES TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! MWAHA HA HA HAHHAhahahahahahaaaaa :flowers:

You could leave a bit of a description of whatever it is and why it is of interest to you. I think it will make an interesting read :inlove:

NICE ONE!! :thumbsup: :trumpet: nn23

I would love to be able, when meditating, going into another dimensions of the Universe and feel what happens there. :cool:

Edited by Darthy, 02 March 2007 - 10:28 PM.

Εν οίδα οτι ουδέν οίδα - Socrates
Thanks John

#11 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,719 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:21 PM

I've been on a beach, but not by the ocean, rather by Lake Michigan. I've never seen an ocean at all, except in pictures or on T.V. I want to see the ocean, and dolphins in the wild, and whales, and sea birds, and sea otters, and penguins . . .
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#12 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:28 PM

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet: Wow thats REALLY lovely Orange Blossom and quite possible too, i hope you get the time to arrange it someday! :cool: :inlove:

#13 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:32 PM

And Darthy yours is soooo cool, that would be amazing, i always wonder and fantasise that maybe i'm going somewhere when i have my "other" wordly dreams. Would Astral projection be the key? :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet:

#14 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,214 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:52 PM

OB that makes me feel sad.I wish I could sit you in the chair in my avatar. The ocean is a beautiful thing I go there as often as I can. Sorry DSTM I don't find it boring, tho I think I know what you mean. I swim, sail, fish, snorkel,bbq, hike and even been boatwrecked a couple times. I just enjoy the smell,sound and the peacefulness it brings. I must have walked hundreds of miles of beach. I can sit all nite and talk and hang next too it. I don't know,I've spent so much time there alone or with friends and family ( my wife loves it too). Sometimes we can just watch the weather coming in or spot ships on the horizon. Then there's the sun/moon sets and rises and the stars ... I guess you see I'm a bit passionate about it. I even invaded from the ocean..but thats another story and tho the situation wasn't for fun... I did enjoy the swim :thumbsup:
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#15 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:45 PM

OB that makes me feel sad.I wish I could sit you in the chair in my avatar. The ocean is a beautiful thing I go there as often as I can. Sorry DSTM I don't find it boring, tho I think I know what you mean. I swim, sail, fish, snorkel,bbq, hike and even been boatwrecked a couple times. I just enjoy the smell,sound and the peacefulness it brings. I must have walked hundreds of miles of beach. I can sit all nite and talk and hang next too it. I don't know,I've spent so much time there alone or with friends and family ( my wife loves it too). Sometimes we can just watch the weather coming in or spot ships on the horizon. Then there's the sun/moon sets and rises and the stars ... I guess you see I'm a bit passionate about it. I even invaded from the ocean..but thats another story and tho the situation wasn't for fun... I did enjoy the swim :thumbsup:

Hi Boopme,Are you a speed reader or something.Evidently you didn't read the 2 lines very carefully.
The first line is saying exactly what your saying,without going into detail.
Anywhere near land fall which includes beaches and all the sports you describe is tops IMO.
As far as being out on the Ocean,with dirty dark seawater for as far as the eye can see is B.A.B.S.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users