Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deleted Program But No Space Freed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 monika

monika

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:51 AM

Hello,

sometime ago i have done the biggest mistake I could have and downloaded Bitcomet P2P utility. it has messed up my computer and filled it with viruses from top to bottom so I am trying to get it all back together. I started with removing spyware and malware and viruses and deleting Bitcomet but it happened that after I removed it from Control panel/Add and Remove software no space has been freed on my hard disc and as it took up 12GB it is quite noticeable it is still somewhere there...

Any ideas how to remove it completly???

Thanks for tips...

Monika xxx

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 02 March 2007 - 06:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:57 AM

You will need to run more than one different virus scan software to completely remove all of it. You should scan your computer with a least 4 different kinds of scanners. You have virus, adware, spyware, trojan, malware and other types of software.

Scan using them, and try to clean what you can. You also need to clean out your registry.

If you still have the problem with the used space after doing your scans/cleaning, just post a HJT log in the forum.

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 03 March 2007 - 03:01 AM

In normal mode, run an online antivirus check from at least two and preferably three of the following sites
BitDefender
Computer Associates Online Virus Scan
Panda's ActiveScan
Trend Micro Housecall
Windows Live Safety Center Free Online Scan
This scanner from Trend does not require an Active X to run.

1. Detects and removes malware ( viruses, worms, trojans, etc. )
2. Detects and removes grayware and spyware
3. Restores damage caused by malware to your system.
4. Notifies about vulnerabilities in installed programs and connected network services.
5. Multi-platform support for: Windows, Linux, Solaris.
6. Easy-to-use with the Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,201 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2007 - 06:58 AM

Monika has another topic here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...tml#entry463910
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 04 March 2007 - 03:29 PM

Hi Monika:

Make sure you have subscribed to your HJT topic. I see that you posted one in late January, but never responded to your helper. Your HJT thread is here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/79382/so-slow-to-get-going/ If this problem here is the same concern as the one in that thread, please follow the directions in post 3 of that thread. Otherwise, follow the HJT posting directions in your other Am I Infected topic buddy215 referred to.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users