Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc Tools Firewall Plus

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JoshT

JoshT

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 02 March 2007 - 09:15 AM

PC Tools Firewall Plus is a powerful personal firewall for Windows that protects your computer from intruders and controls the network traffic in and out of your PC. By monitoring applications that connect to the network Firewall Plus can stop Trojans, backdoors, keyloggers and other malware from damaging your computer and stealing your private information.

Posted Image

PC Tools Firewall Plus is advanced technology designed specially for people, not experts. Powerful prevention against attacks and known exploits is activated by default and advanced users can also easily create their own packet filtering rules to customize the network defenses. All you need to do is install it for immediate and automatic ongoing protection.

Thatís why PC Tools Firewall Plus provides world-leading protection, backed by regular Smart Updates, OnGuardô real-time protection and comprehensive network shielding to ensure your system remains safe and hacker free. PC Tools products are trusted and used by millions of people everyday to protect their home and business computers against online threats.

We recommend you use PC Tools Firewall Plus in combination with Spyware Doctor for comprehensive system protection against spyware, adware and other threats.

PC Tools Firewall Plus feature highlights

* Protects your PC as you are working, surfing and playing.
* Intelligent automatic protection without all the questions.
* Easy to use. Designed for both, novice and expert users.
* Advanced rules to protect your PC against common attacks.
* Best of all itís FREE. No catches, limitations or time-limits.

PC Tools Firewall

And only 2.1 MBs so even 56kers can DL it quickly!

I use the full version of Registry mechanic, and it is so powerful, I'll be glad to get a firewall from the same makers.

-JoshT

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2007 - 09:38 AM

Please let us know how you like it after you have used it for a week or so, along with any comments you have.
Thanks,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 ejames82

ejames82

• Members
  • 404 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 03 March 2007 - 03:09 AM

the anti-virus programme is very popular now. i would try to get an entire package from them, registry mechanic, anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall, at a special price. the arrangement would be good for them too.

#4 Jesse Bassett

Jesse Bassett

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:21 AM

Having tried PC Tools products, I would advise you not to use them. Their programs have been known to produce a lot of false positives. Stick with the free, well known, well trusted programs.
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 l McAfee Total Protection l Super AntiSpyware Free Edition l AdAware SE Personal l Spyware Blaster l Spyware Guard l Safe Eyes 2007

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,068 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 04 March 2007 - 05:10 PM

I have used PC Tools for quite some time and I have not any any issues with their products. However, I feel each individual user needs to asses the effectivenes for themselves.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users