Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ink Cartridge Problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MCB

MCB

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 02 March 2007 - 06:58 AM

I put a new colour cartridge in my HP Deskjet 930C but when the test page printed there was no cyan on it. I got in touch with the company I bought it from last year and they suggested cleaning the printheads 3 or 4 times to draw the ink through but I can't remember how to do this. I know I've done it before but can't find any reference to it in any of the help sources. :thumbsup:

MaryB

(Moderator edit: moved post to more appropriate forum, added Topic Description. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 02 March 2007 - 07:07 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 02 March 2007 - 07:09 AM

Hi MCB.
View the manual in pdf format here. (top one 2.68mb).
Tells you how to do it both via the software and manually.

#3 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2007 - 07:13 AM

(When I sent it this reply.. this post was moved)

You should be able to do so by going to your Printers & Faxes located in your Control Panel and on your Start menu.....

Once you get there, just double click on it to bring up all your Printers & Faxes. Once you see your printer, just right-click on the printer icon, then scroll down to Properties, then click on it... it should bring up all the functions you need to clean, print, test, align and so forth for the printer.

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:32 AM

If the traditional methods don't work this is a little tip that worked for me (provided by an Inkjet store owner);

Spray three squirts of a windex like product into a small bowl and add a enough water just to cover the Printheads.

Stand the cartridge in the bowl,making sure just the printheads are covered with the solution,for about 10 min.
Then fold a half of a paper towel into a little square and hold it against the printheads.You may have to replace it as it gets saturated with ink.This will take about 5 minutes.

Then dab the cartridges printhead onto a clean paper towel and with every dab,you should see a clearer color pattern.
Put the cartridge back into your printer and run a test page.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#5 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:04 PM

Similar to what TMacK said,

you can also use a saucer, one which holds a coffee cup, (you'll see the lip in the middle of the saucer)... just add enough hot water to cover the inner lip area of the saucer. Make sure the water is hot, and not warm. Stand your cartridge in the middle area, letting it be held up by the lip of the saucer, with the print head down.. for about 5 minutes or less. During that time, you should see the ink starting to spread out in the water. After doing that, dab the print head on a paper towel until you start to see the three colors come out.

For best results, I always use an old, clean cotton cloth, like a sweat sock or a similar. That way it will help to absorb the ink out of the cartridge faster and evenly.

I learned this back in 1998 when I 1st bought my 1st ink refill kit, which showed me how to use my old cartridges again.

#6 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:40 PM

Something else that is very important, is to use bottled water if you have it.
Tap water may contain minerals that can just cause more problems.

Walkman;Refilling Ink Cartridges sure is a breeze once you know how!
Might be a good tutorial to have here @ BC.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#7 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2007 - 02:36 PM

Something else that is very important, is to use bottled water if you have it.
Tap water may contain minerals that can just cause more problems.

Walkman;Refilling Ink Cartridges sure is a breeze once you know how!
Might be a good tutorial to have here @ BC.

HA HA HA HA HA........ I refilled a color cartridge 15 times from the refill kit I had. The color cartridge cost me $27 each, but the color refill only cost me $40.... Sshhoooooottt.... it doesn't get any better than that. I saved approximately $351.00 USD

Off topic, but not off topic... but since my daughter gave me a digital camera/camcorder, and plus I ordered all the wires and such for it, it's going to be easy for me now to make actual screen shots and such.

I definitely don't mind making tutorials on doing things like this, especially as long as I'm part of the BleepingComputer family.

We just never stop trying to help others... but you got me on the cleaning the print head method, and it didn't dawn on me until you mentioned it, because I never thought that was the problem... good looking out TMack.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users