Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Thinks Im Not The Admin Etc... System Tools Dont Work Etc Help!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 wh00pa

wh00pa

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:57 AM

Will i downloaded some torrents and my whole comp got wacked with a nasty little virus, it basicley thinks im no longer the admin, so i deleted all my accounts on xp and made one admin acount, i went in and tryed to restore it and it said "system restore has been turned off by group policy, please contact your admin, meanwhile i am, and i went to the run thing and ran msconfig.exe

and system config came up, i went to the service tab, and all these services were stopped. firewall. system restore, removable devices etc, and this really sucks.. if i had my system restore back i can just rewind it back and be set, but it wont godamn work. im about to pull show this hunk of plastic some wrestling moves, anyone have any suggestions

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Matthew Alan

Matthew Alan

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:27 AM

Try booting into Safe Mood, using the secert Admin account called Administrator. Then try running System Restore. Also system restore wont get read of a virus. You could download AVG Free Edition and run it. See what comes up.

#3 wh00pa

wh00pa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:34 AM

yea i know it wont get rid of a virus, but i think i cleaned anything harmful in my pc with multiple virus scanners, the damage is still here though, i tryed gettin into safe mode earlier but didnt work, ill try again

#4 Matthew Alan

Matthew Alan

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:38 AM

You dont by any chance have a HP computer do you?

#5 wh00pa

wh00pa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:51 AM

hmm, i dont think so, i just bought it from a friend it has some weirc case, it say systemax, tiger, amd athlon xp processor, i never herd of this but yea,

#6 Matthew Alan

Matthew Alan

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2007 - 02:00 AM

hmm, i dont think so, i just bought it from a friend it has some weirc case, it say systemax, tiger, amd athlon xp processor, i never herd of this but yea,

It means you dont. Trust me, it would planly have hp printed all over it (not as bad as dell but meh.) Like I said before try getting into safemode again and try accessing them. If not you could always re-install XP.

#7 wh00pa

wh00pa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2007 - 02:13 AM

dammit, how long will it take, can i use a restore disk, or backup, i dont feel like formating my hd

#8 Matthew Alan

Matthew Alan

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2007 - 02:32 AM

You will need a restore CD or your computer might have it built in. I dont know your make or model so lets see if someone else knows how to access the system recovery.

#9 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,958 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 02 March 2007 - 09:40 PM

It's also possible that there is still infections left on your computer: infections which have caused this behaviour. Therefore, I suggest you follow the directions in this guide. Then create an HJT log, you will find the directions in the guide. I realize you may have done some of this stuff, but it won't hurt to do it again.

Create a new topic in this forum, not here and give it a good descriptive title. Briefly summarize what the problems are, what you have done to try to solve it, and what worked and didn't work and paste in your HJT log.

After you post your log, DO NOT make any further changes to your computer: deleting files, editing the registry, using special fix tools, installing or uninstalling software etc. as this will make it more difficult for the HJT team to help you.

Please be patient as the HJT team is very busy. DO NOT bump your log as the team may think that someone is already helping you. If you have not had a response in five days, add a response to the five days no response topic and paste in the link to your thread.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users