Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

problem with internet connection

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jus78

jus78

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 25 June 2004 - 05:56 PM

Hi. I have a slight problem with my internet connection. Sometimes, when attempting to log on, my browser will not be able to find any web pages. After a while I will receive a message about my local area connections stating that a network cable is unplugged. After searching my cables I can't find one that is actually unplugged but soon after the message appears my internet connection will enable itself again anyway, all on its own. Have you ever heard of or experienced a computer that acts this way? Any help is much appeciated. Thanks in advance.

Justin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 newwavecomputers

newwavecomputers

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 15 July 2004 - 10:08 PM

Justin,
The only time that happens to me is when the cable actually was off or not tight. Check your cables, each and every one to make sure they are tight. If they are and you continue to have those problems, you may need to bring it it for a technician to look at.

#3 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 20 July 2004 - 09:12 PM

Are you using Zone Alarm?

#4 jus78

jus78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2004 - 06:27 PM

Yes, I am using Zone Alarm.

#5 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 31 July 2004 - 06:35 PM

try disabling zonealarm right beofre you log on. see if that helps then reanable ZA right after you online.

#6 Xemus

Xemus

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 07 August 2004 - 05:12 AM

You might also want to check the cable itself. Is it crimped anywhere? Sporadic problems are usually a sign of a bad cable.

#7 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2004 - 08:20 AM

Just a thought, are you using a wireless connection and Windows XP??

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users