Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Skytel.exe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dgeser

dgeser

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:42 PM

First off, thank you for providing this service, it has really helped in IDing some programs that should not be running on my machine and some which just suck up CPU cycles for no reason.

You did not ID one program, "SkyTel.exe"

I identified this through a program by Mike Lin (mlin.net), Starup control panel, which shows what is starting when the PC boot up. I mention this so that you have all the info I have, and know where I am recieving my info.

The program resides in two places:
C:\Windows
C:\Program Files\Realtek\InstallShield

You were very helpful in identifying a program by realtek which gathers info "ALCMTR.EXE" and I thought I would return the favor by providing this info for your database. I hope it helps, and again thank you for your help.

D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:34 AM

Thanks..added the skytel entry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic