Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ip Address Conflict

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Higgy76

Higgy76

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:36 PM

I just came back to my laptop after being away for about an hour and a pop up think on the lower right coner said ip address conflict. What do i need to do to fix this. I assume this means i have 2 devices useing the same ip address.

EDIT: Yesterday i set my xbox 360 to have a static ip would this have anything to do with it

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:23 PM

That's probably the problem. Remove the xbox info and reboot. If all goes well, you'll need to assign another ip address to either the xbox or your network.

#3 Higgy76

Higgy76
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:04 AM

Well I put a static ip on the xbox because sometimes when i started it my whole network would disconnect

#4 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:18 AM

Have you tried letting it automatically assign the ip addresses?

Also, if your isp didn't give you a static ip address, that would cause that type of problem, because when the ip gets renewed, or you reboot or otherwise, it has to assign a new ip address.

On the other hand, if you have a static ip address from your isp, then you may want to assign the xbox to another ip address and use the static ip for your Internet access.

You may also want to renew your ip address by going to your command screen and do a

ipconfig/ release

and then do

ipconfig/ renew

try that and see if it works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users