Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Treadmills

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rlight

rlight

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:00 PM

Hi,

I am interested in purchasing my first treadmill for home. I was sort of leaning towards Sears Proform treadmills. I am looking at spending around S700.00. I know that I can go cheap or super expensive, but I just want something that is functional and durable. Do any of you have experience on this topic?

Thanks,
rlight

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:25 PM

You may want to do a search for treadmill comparison or similar.

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 01 March 2007 - 11:34 PM

Treadmill reviews is a good search.

http://www.epinions.com is a good review site.

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2007 - 11:36 PM

Stay away from one with "Bells and Whistles"....there great if you're a gadget freak, but for the average person who just wants to get on a treadmill and run, they're next to useless. Basically, try to get one that has options that you'll actually use, and use often, like a heart monitor, manual controls for speed, incline adjust if you want it (which really works your legs). In all actuality, the manual controls let you adjust things on the fly, like speed, incline and cool down, so you don't need to spend the extra money for a treadmill that has all those things built into a program when you can do it yourself. If you have questions about your workout routine, look it up online, you can find anything out, like your target heart rate, fat burning heart rate, cardio heart rate, interval running/jogging, how long to warm up/cool down etc. etc. Just my opinion :flowers:

You might also want to consider an elliptical trainer, as it'll be easier on your knees and back--there's no impact when using it unlike a treadmill. Just get it at a place where you can return it if it bothers your knees or back. My wife loves the elliptical trainer and goes forever on it. Me, on the other hand, it bothers my back so I don't use it.

Just remember to ease into a workout routine ("consult a doctor before beginning any workout regiment") :thumbsup:

Oh, and get a MP3 player or crank the stereo.....it makes the time go by faster! :trumpet:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#5 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,253 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2007 - 02:54 AM

We have a treadmill, my wife spends a lot more time on it than I do. I wish it had that auto incline thingy. I have to manually set it when the machine is off. I prefer to do my walking on the golf course. I can turn a 3 mile course into a 5 mile walk easily... :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users