Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cars, Light Trucks And Motorcycles

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:07 PM

I would like to start a thread for the enthusiast, as many of us have a passion for these machines. Speaking for myself, I have had a life long association with them, and no doubt many of you have also. I would love you to share your Stories and Photos with us. Tell us about your favourites you have owned, as well as the lemons. What projects you are working on, and most importantly the Specks and Photos as well. This thread is for girls as well. Many have a story to tell. So it would be great, if you could get those photos out of those archives and tell us about your toys.
What was your favourite? :thumbsup:

Mine was a 69 Mustang Mach 1- 428 Cobra-Jet.
Yellow Hardtop.

Edited by Animal, 01 March 2007 - 05:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:39 PM

1975 fully loaded manual Chevy Camero with sliding sunroof - handled like a dream!
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:41 PM

Posted Image

Daf 44. My first car bought for USD. 100 in 1976

#4 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:43 PM

1975 fully loaded manual Chevy Camero with sliding sunroof - handled like a dream!

What was the colour,MaraM. I think that makes a difference as well,don't you?

#5 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:56 AM

I thought Americans loved their cars.What's your favourite? :thumbsup:

#6 blueandgold04

blueandgold04

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:01 AM

my favorite car to date is my first car. a 1983 Buick Century Limited (blue). bought it in 1997 for $250. what a ride. once the muffler went out and i had no $$ to fix it. so iwould come around a corner and everyone would be looking for some throaty muscle car. :flowers: lol.

but it was cool, i could run into stuff and my father never knew :thumbsup: .
"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal." -Albert Camus
"Chance favors the prepared mind." -Louis Pasteur
"If a man does his best, what else is there?" -George S. Patton

#7 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:18 AM

Another American Muscle Car I owned and absolutely adored was a 1967 Pontiac GTO. 7 Litre if I remember correctly.Bright red and I felt King of the Road, when I cruised the streets on a Saturday Night. :thumbsup:

#8 cowboy357

cowboy357

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:05 AM

I was wunderin how to post a picture on here & if I,m even supposed to. By the Way. I,ve probably had 300 or more vehicles over the years, Mostly old, I currently have 10 now mostly projects & I dont even drive.
My favorite is a 1956 buick super 4 door, 2 tone red & white. Loaded, power windows, seats ,door locks , factory airconditioning, & a Wunder bar radio, ( a button on the floor similiar to a dimmer switch that changed channels ) For those that dont know. a big V8 & Hydro transmission. top speed bout 130 mph.
I restored it years ago & its all original except I lowered it & put wire wheels on it. Ive won several car shows & rod run events & it holds 6 people comfortably . Cowboy
Yer Only gonna be as happy, as You decide to be . Cowboy

#9 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:45 AM

Cowboy357---
Here are the instructions for inserting a picture to a post:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/14738/inserting-an-image-within-a-post/

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,146 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:45 AM

take a look at this post
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/14738/inserting-an-image-within-a-post/

Edited by boopme, 22 February 2007 - 10:47 AM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#11 cowboy357

cowboy357

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:00 AM

Ok Thanks to all. I,ll have to figure it out. Cowboy
Yer Only gonna be as happy, as You decide to be . Cowboy

#12 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 22 February 2007 - 06:48 PM

What was the colour,MaraM. I think that makes a difference as well,don't you?

It was white! Huge happy smile! (No smiling when it came to cleaning the white tire rims, though - ugh!) And I loved the huge V8 and 'over-drive' - it 'hugged the road' and back when traffic was incredibly light on our freeway, I used to 'open it up' - I know, I know, but it was fun at the time! :thumbsup:

Just wondering if this topic re cars we all had/loved or hated might be placed in a separate thread rather than combined in 'About Nothing'? It's a great topic and would be fascinating to see the photos and notes about everyone's cars all in one place here on our Bleeping. :flowers:
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#13 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,699 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:57 PM

My favorite car was a blue Volkwagon I had in the 1970's. 8 inches long, it raced across the living room under manual power nearly every day.
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#14 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 23 February 2007 - 06:12 AM

I've had a few great trucks, but my favorite car was a 1977 black Chevy Camaro RS. The speedometer went to 140mph and I got it 1/2 inch past that to peg it out... Fun car! :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#15 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 01 March 2007 - 11:20 PM

Another American Muscle Car I owned and absolutely adored was a 1967 Pontiac GTO. 7 Litre if I remember correctly.Bright red and I felt King of the Road, when I cruised the streets on a Saturday Night. :thumbsup:

More then likely it was a 6.0 or the 6.6 (haven't heard of the 7.0 yet)

But like cowboy Im an Gearhead (i am a Truck Mechanic after all) My favorite light vehicle of all time so far is the 1971 Chevy C-10 Shortbed StepSide (my first Real truck and I still own it but its in about a million pieces) I will post a pic when I find one of it.

Big Trucks I love the 379 Peterbilt and the W900 Kenworth (technically sister trucks)(nothing says i got 600 HP then those long noses)

Just for fun heres what Ive got now:
98 S10 4x4 pickup (Daily Driver when it runs)
89 S10 4x4 Blazer (Daily Driver)
71 C-10 (Current Project)
92 Nissan 4x4 Pickup

Stuff I've Built (or helped build)
69 Chevelle 454 (Dads)
76 LS1 Camero 454 (used to be mine sold it to dad for the S10)
79 Z28 Camero (Lil brother)
and about 14 Wabash Van Type Semi Trailers (my lovely job)

will post pics of this stuff as I find them

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users