Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ieeplore.exe Application Erro

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 leelynn18

leelynn18

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:42 AM

Yesterday I started getting this pop up and everytime I try to close it, it keeps popping back up. This didn't start until I uninstalled and reinstalled my Norton Internet Security 2007.2 upgrade. Would this upgrade have anything to do with this error message?

ieexplore.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x74985e5d" referenced memory at "0x00000020" The memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program.

I use Windows XP if that helps

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:12 AM

Posted Image

http://smileygenerator.us/smileyletters/image.php?s=WELCOME%20TO%20BC&ext=.gif

Posted Image

Do you have a lot of add-ons installed?(Google/Yahoo) in IE7?

#3 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2007 - 09:44 AM

As Fozzie has suggested, Browser add-ons (BHO's) seem to be the main culprit with that error.
As far as NIS is concerned, it's a known issue if you're a Verizon Broadband user. Symantec's solution is the same, disable the Verizon Add-on. In IE, click Tools>Manage Add-Ons. It may take a second or two for the list to populate on some systems the first time you open it. To disable an Add-on, click it then select "Disable", click OK. Go through them one at a time until you nail it (or not).

#4 leelynn18

leelynn18
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:56 AM

Thank you both. I believe this took care of my problem .. now if I can only get Norton to download correctly then I'll be all set! Have a great week!

#5 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:09 AM

May I inquire why you would like to download Norton? Norton is what we call a resource hogger and there are free alternatives which protect you as well not even better. Please check the programs in my sig as well as the link to the freeware section of this board.

One piece of advice though : Do not install two antivirus- or firewall products on the same computer Rather than improved protection it will generate conflicts which could result that these programs are not working anymore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users