Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comments&suggestions

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Commander Gman

Commander Gman

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:22 AM

------ :thumbsup: Welcome To BC!!!!! Here Are My Comments And Suggestions: :flowers: ---------
The sites really awsome,Ive heard another site similar to this i think its called "gladiator" but im pretty sure that this sites better because of those who really are eager to help and those whom supported this site and for that,as a advance user (but im not quite advanced in some parts like the "cmd" in run) i shall return favor to this great site by sharing all of my knowledge! creativity!,designing! and wisdom! Good day to you all,BC members!
:) :P B)
:inlove: :cool: :trumpet:

Suggestions:

-Well,I think when you put your pictures when you post or pm,can you make it directly (i think uploading it)instead of typing the full url of that picture?

Im still thinking more suggestions.... so for those of you who'd like to improve BC,you may come here to check my suggestions......

----Will do update this sometime,Commander Gman
:)

Edited by Commander Gman, 02 March 2007 - 03:50 AM.

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo-F (Socket 775 LGA) Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz Kentsfield Chipset: Intel P35 Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 440 Memory: 2x 2GB DDR2 800 RAM Storage: 1x IDE 80GB, 1x SATA II 500 GB, 1x External 500GB HD Power Supply: 600W Power supply Monitor: Dual screen set-up Casing: Mini-ATX Fan(s): 1x 80mm silent fan OS: Windows XP SP3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:17 AM

If you have any suggestion and (or) recommendation, why not pm the staff here? They're fair and balanced, and I'm sure they'll consider your information.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2007 - 11:02 AM

Thank you for the compliment. The BC staff is always open to Member suggestions. I think, though, that posting them allows other readers to consider whether they agree with them or not, or present additional ideas. this process would also allow the Staff to get a feel about a concensus.
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 04 March 2007 - 11:18 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Commander Gman

Commander Gman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:11 AM

If you have any suggestion and (or) recommendation, why not pm the staff here? They're fair and balanced, and I'm sure they'll consider your information.

Well probably pm the staff woudnt allow other BC people to see the suggestion

Edited by Commander Gman, 02 March 2007 - 01:12 AM.

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo-F (Socket 775 LGA) Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz Kentsfield Chipset: Intel P35 Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 440 Memory: 2x 2GB DDR2 800 RAM Storage: 1x IDE 80GB, 1x SATA II 500 GB, 1x External 500GB HD Power Supply: 600W Power supply Monitor: Dual screen set-up Casing: Mini-ATX Fan(s): 1x 80mm silent fan OS: Windows XP SP3

#5 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 02 March 2007 - 03:26 AM

dd another forum for downloads probably (This forum would allow all BC people to post more good downloads from anti-virus programs to designing programs,) The only thing is that the people should only post Safe downloads that wont harm other people when downloaded....

We have that. Check the freeware section in my sig.

In the "My Topics" category,could you clear topics that you have already been done (just take out a topic from your "My Topic "list without removing it from the forums)? since i cant find any solution doing so...

If you go to My Controls you can manage the subscriptions by simply ticking the the topics you don't want to see anymore and push "the end subsription button "

#6 Commander Gman

Commander Gman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2007 - 03:49 AM

Oh Thanks Fozzie i wasnt still familiar with the things around here at BC

#7 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2007 - 06:23 AM

"people should only post Safe downloads that wont harm other people when downloaded...."

You will note that in the free applications topic, there are pinned posts and other replies. Those applications within the pinned posts have been used by Members and BC Staff, so these generally work as advertised and do not have malware included in the download.
As the suggestions are added to the list, these are reviewed and---from time to time---included in a revision to the pinned posts.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#8 Commander Gman

Commander Gman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2007 - 04:32 AM

In the "My Topics" category,could you clear topics that you have already been done (just take out a topic from your "My Topic "list without removing it from the forums)? since i cant find any solution doing so...

If you go to My Controls you can manage the subscriptions by simply ticking the the topics you don't want to see anymore and push "the end subsription button "

So uhh where's the location of the "end subscription button" right after the "My Controls"?

#9 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 04 March 2007 - 02:58 PM

Unsubscribing from topics:

Click on My Controls about in the middle of the screen near the top. Now click on just plain Topics, the first choice under Subscriptions. Now scroll down to near the bottom of the screen and on the right hand side you'll see Show topics from: followed by a tiny window box with a drop down arrow to the right. Click on the drop down arrow, and choose The Beginning then click on Go. You will now see all topics you currently have subscriptions to. Place a check in the little white boxes to the right of each topic you wish to unsubscribe from. When you have chosen them all, Scroll back down near the bottom of the page. Pretty much underneath the last topic title, you'll see another little window pane. Make sure it says unsubscribe. Click on the little arrow to the right if it doesn't in order to make that choice, then click on with selected. You have now unsubscribed from these topics and you will no longer receive e-mail notification.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#10 Commander Gman

Commander Gman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2007 - 05:43 AM

Ok then t.y. Orange Blossom! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users