Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Avg Free Wont Finish Update

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 athelos

athelos

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:00 AM

I started to update my AVG free 7.5 update manager the other day when for some reason it froze. I closed it and tried again and it says its downloaded what it needs but to finish the update i need to restart my computer. After I had finished doing what i was doing i restarted my computer.

Heres the problem. Its still saying that i need to restart my computer to finish the update. Its been a few days now and it still wont finish the update. Ive tried selecting it again and re-doing the update but just says "update was unsuccessful".

Any suggestions? It says the next update due is tomorrow so should i wait for that and try again? I've also noticed, while trying to fix the problem myself, that under the settings tab for update manager there is an option to "delete update temporary files". Would this work? Im not too sure what this option does.

Thanks for any help.
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.
--Charles Schultz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:17 AM

Have you read this
You also could try manualupdate

#3 athelos

athelos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:16 PM

Phew! That was a long and technical post! :thumbsup: I tried the manual update as you suggested fozzie but it could not see the files that I downloaded into the folder.

After a very long read of that thread you linked me to and many a clicking and researching I was able to figure out how to solve the problem. It seemed that I did have to delete the temporary update files. Oh well got there in the end.

It seems that I owe you thanks again Fozzie for the help. Thanks, and sorry for the long wait.

Edited by athelos, 03 March 2007 - 07:16 PM.

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.
--Charles Schultz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users