Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yahoo Intellisync To Outlook - Incomplete Address

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mamakats

mamakats

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 01 March 2007 - 12:36 AM

I have no problems with business addresses, but cannot get Outlook 2000 mapping fields to sync with Yahoo using Intellisync. Specifically Yahoo personal home-street addresses do not map to Outlook so that I have partial addresses for some contacts. I am computer savvy enough to have gotten myself in trouble! I've dinked around for 2 days and am so frustrated.....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 01 March 2007 - 03:58 AM

Can't you see, when running a test with 1 adress, where Intellysinc puts that data? Do you have a PDA or smartphone?

#3 Jesse Bassett

Jesse Bassett

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:13 AM

You have the premium mail from Yahoo? If not, you cannot access your email through Outlook. Doing so is illegal and a violation of Yahoo's TOS.
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 l McAfee Total Protection l Super AntiSpyware Free Edition l AdAware SE Personal l Spyware Blaster l Spyware Guard l Safe Eyes 2007

#4 mamakats

mamakats
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:38 AM

Hey all;
I am not trying to get Yahoo email (although - I am pretty clear about the law...) through Outlook. I am trying to sync my Yahoo Address Book with Outlook Contacts using Itellisync. I get all the business address information and the "Home City / Home State / Home Postal Code" information lined up in the field mapping window, but cannot do "Home Street Address". Yahoo says I can do it, but I've noticed a few other posters out on the web with the same problems who don't have any repsonses. Does anyone know how to fix this?! I appreciate your thoughts and time.

#5 mamakats

mamakats
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:44 AM

I have a blackberry pearl (upgrade from treo 650), but am just trying to work out the kinks on my desktop first and then will work on any phone issues later. The field mapping feature ignores Yahoo Personal Home Address when syncing Data and does not put the information into Home Street Address or Home Address, so that I have city, state and zip info but not the street number.

#6 samod

samod

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 03:59 AM

Hey all;
I am not trying to get Yahoo email (although - I am pretty clear about the law...) through Outlook. I am trying to sync my Yahoo Address Book with Outlook Contacts using Itellisync. I get all the business address information and the "Home City / Home State / Home Postal Code" information lined up in the field mapping window, but cannot do "Home Street Address". Yahoo says I can do it, but I've noticed a few other posters out on the web with the same problems who don't have any repsonses. Does anyone know how to fix this?! I appreciate your thoughts and time.

I have exactly the same problem and am desperately looking for a solution, lost all my home addresses in outlook and my palm

Samod

#7 fozzie

fozzie

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:24 AM

This perhaps?

#8 mamakats

mamakats
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:29 PM

Samod- so sorry to hear. I still have not had much response and can't figure what benefit "fozzie" is attempting offer. I resolved my issue by making every contact a "business" contact. Obviously I lose a lot of good info, but no one seems to have an answer for this. Both Yahoo and Intellisync are ignoring the problem and I've even seen a few posts removed from sights about the issue. I hope it all works out fo ryou and if you have any luck, let me know! I sure would love to fix this!

#9 fozzie

fozzie

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2007 - 01:11 AM

The CSV file can be imported with 1 click into any mail client...

#10 mamakats

mamakats
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2007 - 10:50 PM

Silly me Fozzie! I thought the whole point of syncing information was so that one would not have to constantly download files to each party such as Yahoo and Outlook through a CSV or similair file. It is the benefit I beleive Yahoo is advertising in it's Intellsync marketing information. Furthermore, it's my (limited) understanding that Outlook has been improved in such a way as to encourage the (misguided) belief that syncing information between platforms, such as the desktop, the palmpilot, the smartphone, or the web is a valuable commodity in this information age. But don't ask me - I just know enough about using the computer to get myself in trouble. But thanks for the overwhelming knowledge share in resolving the issue. :thumbsup:

#11 pacamike

pacamike

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 26 March 2007 - 09:05 PM

I wish I had seen these messages before I installed this broken piece of software. Another web site recommended it for syncing Outlook between two computers, but in fact it messed up my contacts because it deleted all the home street address lines.

Here's the situation. Intellisync for Yahoo will upload contacts from Outlook to Yahoo Address Book correctly. However, it will omit the street line from the home address when downloading to Outlook. It does business addresses correctly. There is no workaround, and Yahoo refuses to either warn people about the bug or fix it.

DO NOT USE Intellisync for Yahoo with Outlook if you care about addresses.

Note that if instead of syncing you try to export the Yahoo Address Book to Outlook CSV (as suggested), it omits addresses completely (business and home), so you cannot copy contacts to Outlook that way. This is a separate Yahoo bug.

The address information IS saved if you ask for Yahoo CSV format, but that cannot be directly imported into Outlook. If you're desperate, export to Yahoo CSV and edit that file (e.g., with Excel) to rearrange the data to match what Outlook needs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users