Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Guerrillamail

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:51 PM

Any one know more about this app.. It strikes me as a spammers paradise. It would be good for getting software. When you get to download but they demand a valid email address. Or for search engine submissions that require a valid email address before they let you enter..

Guerrilla Mail provides you with disposable e-mail addresses which expire after 15 minutes. You can read and reply to e-mails that are sent to the temporary e-mail address within the given time frame.

http://www.guerrillamail.com/
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 01 March 2007 - 04:02 AM

I use temporary inbox an add on from Firefox. It is great and kept me spamfree... I can make any adress i want...

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,963 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:29 PM

Hi fozzie:

Can you describe the temporary inbox thing some more? This is the first I've heard of it.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 01 March 2007 - 03:47 PM

I don't know what fozzie uses, but here are a couple of Ff extensions for generating random E-mail addresses:

Temporary Inbox

generates random disposable email addresses. Use these email addresses for registration in forums, adult sites or whatever.
The email addresses don't require any registration. This is an easy way to avoid spam, because the spamer will never know your private email address .. only the temporaryinbox.com email address. And there the emails will be deleted after 6 hours.

TrashMail.net

Create free disposable email addresses and paste them directly in forms. This helps to protect you from spam mails and could be useful when subscribing to forums or newsletters.
The email addresses can be deleted at any time!
This version supports now plus addresses, and multiple domain name if trashmail.net is banned on a website.
To all users who were victims of services which bans the domain name @trashmail.net:
Try as alternative with this domain name:
@fakemail.dyndns.org

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 01 March 2007 - 03:50 PM

Spot on tg1911 :flowers:

here are some adresses 9lm2m9gk9yn6pra at put2.net
bb4x7f6de99lidw at golfilla.info
l1msgnejym1jqqg at afrobacon.com

:thumbsup: :trumpet: you can also make temporary forwarding adresses, in short everything you want whilst having to register "for all sorts of stuff " :inlove:

FAQ for TempInBox

Edited by fozzie, 01 March 2007 - 03:55 PM.

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,963 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:48 PM

Thanks fozzie and tg1911. :flowers:

Back to Guerrilla Mail: I found a few sites that discuss it. I read that if you need more than 15 minutes, you can lengthen the time the e-mail address is viable. This one seems non-browser specific.

Here's the two sites that seem to provide the most info. from what I've read so far.

http://forevergeek.com/forever_geek/geek_t...rrilla_mail.php

http://goldcoaster.wordpress.com/2007/02/1...guerrilla-mail/

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 73,338 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:38 PM

Thanks folks .That is what I thought it was. Just wondered if anyone had experience. It's interesting. I need to investigate it a bit more..
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users