Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Update/script Errors...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 plaz

plaz

• Members
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:05 PM

A couple of problems...

1. I am running IE7 and when I go to the MSoft update page I either get a blank white page with no message at all or I get the update page and when I hit "express" or "custom" it acts like it is scanning my system but never stops.

2. Before posting this I opened IE and clicked on "help" then "about IE" and as soon as I do this i get a blinking message that says something about Internet script errors. The only thing I can do to close the page is ctl/alt/del it.

Firefox is running fine (as usual) but IE is running pretty slow. Last night I did a full virus scan/spybot/ad-aware and defrag and I think this most of this started after I did all of those. Although, I have noticed on a few occasions in the last couple of weeks that a different script error message pops up from time to time with IE. Thats why I was trying to get to their update page to begin with.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:22 PM

Go to Tools/ Internet Options/ Advanced/ Check the box to Disable script debugging.
Uncheck the box to Display a notification about every script error.

Sometimes there's a corrupt file in the cache and you must go to Tools/ Internet Options and click Delete Files.

You can try re-registering all DLLs listed in This Micro$oft Article.

Also have a look this article; Error Message When You Browse the Web: An Error Has Occurred in the Script on This Page.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 plaz

plaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:43 PM

I've done the first 2 to no avail. Will go try the second 2 now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users