Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cisvc.exe Using Too Much Memory

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JOGO

JOGO

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 28 February 2007 - 09:23 PM

Is there any thing i can do to speed up my computer? cisvc.exe is using between 20 and 50 % of the CPU memory according to my task manager. This seems to have happened after renewing Norton Internet Security 2007. Are ther any hotfixes for the cisve.exe memory usage?Thanks JOGO

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 01 March 2007 - 12:28 AM

Hi JOGO, and welcome to BC.

The information below explains what the cisvc.exe is and does. If the process continues to run excessively you may have a bug. I would suggest downloading and running Spybot Search and Destroy and Asquared.

The cisvc.exe will monitor the memory usage of the Content Index Service (CIDAEMON.exe). If the content index service begins to use too much memory, cisvc.exe will terminate it so that it does not impact of the computer's performance.

cisvc.exe is flagged as a system process and does not appear to be a security risk. However, removing Content index service may adversly impact your system.

The Spy Bot database currently registers cisvc.exe to Microsoft.

This is part of Microsoft Windows.

We are always willing to help here, but do remember that google is your friend.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 HIPPO1023

HIPPO1023

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:33 AM

You can change the run setting of cisvc.exe.
my cisvc.exe is set "Manual".

1/
Go on "Control Panel" and then "Administrative Tool".

2/
Click "Computer Management".

3/
Click "Services and applications" at left-pane.

4/
Right-click "Indexing Service" at right-pane.

5/
Select "Manual".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users