Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Full Local Disk C Suddenly Full!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HaveAMellowDay75

HaveAMellowDay75

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 28 February 2007 - 05:21 PM

Yesterday my computer still had 50 percent of its memory left, then today when i turned it on, i only have about 3 GB left I don't know what happened, the only thing i installed that day was an update for windows media player, but it was still fine even after that. Please Help.

Edited by HaveAMellowDay75, 28 February 2007 - 05:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 28 February 2007 - 05:47 PM

Hello,

Download this program, http://windirstat.info/ it will show you what is taking all the room.

Hope this helps
Regards,

Alan.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2007 - 06:21 PM

Obviously, the first step is to find where all the added files reside, which the application mentioned above should provide. The second step is to determine if at all possible what these contain so you can find their cause before deleting them. If you have difficulties with the second step, post the information here so Members can help.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 HaveAMellowDay75

HaveAMellowDay75
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2007 - 05:18 PM

It was my norton quarantine, so i am going to clear that out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users