Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ebay Prob With Firefox & Ie7

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sparrow hawk

sparrow hawk

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 28 February 2007 - 08:04 AM

I'm having problems accessing ebay, only half the things show up and I can't sell anything or use their help system properly. When I asked ebay about it they said the site was designed to work with IE6 and therefore won't work with firefox or IE7.
Anyone else have this problem? It can't be that no firefox users can use ebay.

Also, I have IE7 but it now isn't working because of conflicts with another program I used to have. I'd like to fix it if someone can help me please!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 28 February 2007 - 08:12 AM

http://smileygenerator.us/smileyletters/image.php?s=WELCOME%20TO%20BC&ext=.gif

Posted Image

In Firefox go under Tools Options Contents Is tehre a checkmark placed at "Loading pictures"? Because I can see Ebay NP.

#3 sparrow hawk

sparrow hawk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2007 - 08:21 AM

Yes, that's marked ("load images automatically"?).
It's only ebay I have a problem with, everywhere else works fine.

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 01 March 2007 - 01:47 AM

I have used E-Bay with Firefox, so that bit about having to use IE is erroneous.

What security programs do you have installed? I remember having some difficulties on E-Bay because of blocking certain things through my security stuff.

If using IE7, have you tried it with all the add-ons etc. blocked? It could be that some of those are causing problems.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 01 March 2007 - 03:34 AM

Also, I have IE7 but it now isn't working because of conflicts with another program I used to have. I'd like to fix it if someone can help me please!

Can you elaborate on this?

#6 sparrow hawk

sparrow hawk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2007 - 07:57 AM

Security programs are: AVG free virus, Comodo personal firewall, and for spyware I have Windows Defender and Ad-Aware SE.

About IE7.
It used to freeze then crash every now and again telling me:
The exception unknown software exception (0xc00000fd) occured in the application at
location 0x028937e5.
Click on OK to terminate the program.
(I saved most of these messages if it'll help - different number each time.)

Now and again similar messages would come at other times but I'm not sure what triggered any of them.

I found that when I turned off Dell Network Assistant (a little (pretty useless) program that came with the computer) these conflicts stopped, so when the trial period ran out I uninstalled it.

IE started to freeze up everything when I opened it, even task manager, so all I could do was restart (this might have started even before the uninstall, not sure).

That doesn't happen anymore but now when I open it, it just doesn't do anything. Seems to be taking a long time loading a page or something but doesn't freeze as such.

When it first started I think I still had IE6 but I'm not certain. I've just been using Firefox ever since so it's taken me a long time to get around to doing anything about it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users